Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP won't boot up

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 V8theEnigma

V8theEnigma

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 AM

Posted 04 August 2009 - 01:09 PM

I have an Acer Inspire One mini laptop (I've had it just over one month). All was working fine until a couple days ago when my cat chewed on the mouse cord, so i removed it. Then when i was trying to get online, it seemed to get stuck loading Weatherbug, so i uninstalled it. Then it seemed to get stuck loading AOL, so i uninstalled that too. I could get IE to load, but then it would freeze up. I tried doing a system restore, but it wouldn't do that. Now here is what it is doing- when i turn it on, it gets as far as the Windows XP screen with the blue bars moving across, the light for the hard drive comes on for about 5 secs then goes out, and it stays on the Win XP screen. Accordinging to the users manual, if i press ALT and F10 when i start it and the Acer logo shows, it should go to a screen to start a system recovery, but it goes to the screen that has diff options like start in last known good config, start in safe mode, start windows normally. All i can do there is start windows normally, and it goes right back to what i described above (the windows screen). This computer does not have a disc drive, so i have no recovery cds or anything like that. I tried the Acer website and couldn't find help to my problem, it advised me to return it to the factory but it seems to me there should be something i can do to fix this without going to those measures. I'm sorry that this is long winded, and i hope i gave enough info for someone to help me. Thanks in advance for any help i get!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 1002 Richard S

1002 Richard S

• Members
  • 277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 04 August 2009 - 01:56 PM

Is it Acer Aspire (not Inspire). I had an Acer and to access Acer eRecovery it was Alt+F10 togther as soon as poss on boot ... is that what you're trying or are you doing Alt F10 one after the other?

#3 V8theEnigma

V8theEnigma
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2009 - 02:09 PM

yes, sorry its Aspire. And yes, pressing ALT and F10 at the same time as soon as the Acer logo shows (as according to the manual)

Edited by V8theEnigma, 04 August 2009 - 05:29 PM.

#4 V8theEnigma

V8theEnigma
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2009 - 02:10 PM

I think i forgot to say that i cannot get it to do a System Restore, it keeps telling me it cannot do it and i've tried a few different dates.

#5 V8theEnigma

V8theEnigma
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2009 - 12:21 PM

I got it fixed! Finally called the Acer support phone number, after 2 calls figured out how to do a system recovery. Its loading everything up now. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users