Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anyone ever hear about this bug or whatever?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 vikiblueyes

vikiblueyes

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 AM

Posted 04 August 2009 - 12:20 PM

My daughter's HP windows XP acquired a worm and I thought I removed it but when she started it yesterday, everything Windows came up in binary code. Since I can't read computer code I'm lost. I even asked the computer instructors at Walla Walla Community College and they claim to have never heard of this happening.
Does anyone in this forum know anything about this and if so how to fix it? We are not computer experts or even close, but I have some understanding of them.
Thanks,
Vikiblueyes

Edited by Pandy, 04 August 2009 - 06:26 PM.
Moved from Bleeping Computer Applications and Guides ~Pandy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kituhi1234

kituhi1234

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2009 - 04:10 AM

can yu shw me d screen shots of yur prob man...caz i culdnt understnd d error...

i ll provde yu solution 4 sure....

i ll help yu

Mod Edit: Email address removed to protect against spam ~TMacK

Edited by TMacK, 05 August 2009 - 11:15 AM.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,260 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2009 - 07:54 AM

Have you tried the repair solutions...which HP has incorporated in the system they sold/manufactured?

How do you know it's binary code that you see? Exactly when do you see this "binary code"?

Does the system boot into Windows?

Have you tried Last Known Good Configuration?

Does the system boot normally into safe mode?

Louis

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 05 August 2009 - 08:43 AM

kituhi1234,

"When posting, please use proper grammar. Refrain from 'text-message' style substitutions of words like 'u' for 'you', and 'ur' for 'your'. This is a multi-national forum, and some of our non-english speaking members must use translation software which is confused by abbreviations. Most of our volunteer members are very busy helping as many people as they can, and a post that is hard to read will often be overlooked." From the BC Message Board Rules here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/boardrules.php

Also, please remove your email address from your first post. Posting your email address makes you vulnerable to spam bots who will send you spam.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 05 August 2009 - 08:44 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users