Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ports

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ndntank

ndntank

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 PM

Posted 04 August 2009 - 11:53 AM

Hi I run Windows XP Home, with zone alarm firewall, trend micro and spysweeper. Where can I open or close my ports? I'm having trouble connecting thru my web browsers, IE and Firefox. Thanks for the help!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tork

tork

• Members
  • 718 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 PM

Posted 04 August 2009 - 04:28 PM

What is the exact error message in Internet Explorer? What is the exact error message in Firefox?

#3 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 PM

Posted 04 August 2009 - 04:59 PM

Using ZoneAlarm, you do not need to open any ports. You can keep your setting to stealth and just use the program control section to allow IE and Firefox to access the internet. Do not put checkmarks in the section for server, just put them in the section for access. If you use the lock feature, you will also need to right click on those programs in the program control section, click on options, then check the box for enable passlock to give those program the ability to bypass the lock

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users