Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Antivirus Pro [Moved]

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 buzzbo

buzzbo

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 AM

Posted 04 August 2009 - 10:10 AM

I ran across this program for the first time last night and decided I do not like it much at all. However I feel like I missed something and that there might be something else running. Things I have done:

ComboFix
SmartFrued (spelling)
SuperAntiSpyware
Manual editing of registry and program deletion through command prompt.

Nothing wanted to open when using the computer, an error would pop up and disappear on the screen about "program too big for memory". After trying several different programs to get around this, I restarted in safe mode with command prompt and was able to gain access to program I had copied to the desktop (listed above). I was able to open the regedit and utilize that to remove the registry entries I could find that were related to this program. And finally deleted some of the files associated with it. I ran ComboFix last and it ran its course, but I was unable to turn off AVG during the start so am unsure if it was able to do everything it needed to. I did get a log, but noticed that I am not to post that until asked. I am not at the computer, but will go back to it at a later time to see how things are working. I would really like to post the log to see if someone sees something I missed.

I will check back in on this topic off and on when I have the chance, but there is no real hurry and would like to tell whoever responds that it might be awhile before I have a chance to try anything suggested or respond.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,299 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2009 - 10:44 AM

Read the following: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...winantiviruspro

Louis

#3 buzzbo

buzzbo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2009 - 12:26 PM

Will try that, no problems reported yet.

#4 snowdrop

snowdrop

• Members
  • 513 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2009 - 12:37 PM

I see you have already run

ComboFix
SmartFrued (spelling)
SuperAntiSpyware

Hi ; I guess you did not know that

ComboFix is a tool that should only be run under the supervision of someone who has been trained in its use. Using it on your own can cause problems with your computer..

However, do you have the report from Superantispyware to show us?

#5 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,012 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 04 August 2009 - 09:13 PM

I'm moving this topic from the XP forum to the Am I Infected forum for you.
-----------------------
@ buzzbo Given what you have already done, I would suggest that you follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<==

If you cannot produce the DDS logs, then post back here and we will provide you with further instructions.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:

Edited by Orange Blossom, 04 August 2009 - 09:19 PM.

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users