Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Acer Laptop has black screen + NTLDR missing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 NukeA6

NukeA6

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 04 August 2009 - 09:55 AM

I downloaded a debug FAT32 formatter from http://tokiwa.qee.jp/EN/Fat32Formatter/ to use for my USB device. It didn't work on it so the ATA device as the physical drive and clicked Initialize Drive. This caused my computer to freeze and I had to hold the power button to shut it off.

When I turned it on, all I had was a black screen with a flashing dash on the corner which would appear after the first screen. I've tried pressing F8 and it didn't work. I tried booting my Windows Vista using the repair install's startup repair but there was no result.

I tried to using System Suite 9 as the Rescue Disk. I tried Recovery Commander and I couldn't find a partition. I tried Boot Fixer and it did nothing. I then tried Manual Partitioning. It was set to Free but I clicked Other and made it the bootable partition. When I reseted the comp, I now get "NTLDR is Missing"

I'm afraid of losing all my saved data and have no backups. What must I do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xhanis

xhanis

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 PM

Posted 19 August 2009 - 01:34 PM

hello there are you sure the ntldr is missing or grldr is missing
if ntldr your os might be windows xp
if grldr your os might be windows vista

if xp you can reinstall windows then the problem should be solved
anyways try first using windows xp cd

if vista use windows vista cd ok

if you want your data back just remove the harddisk make it as external and if you have any available pc then stored it to the pc first make sure you have and external casing for laptop harddisk or some friend whom you trusted
anyways if dont know how to do that make sure you get help from expert like pc technician okay

see you again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users