Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with Front Panel Audio Header

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Vroom125

Vroom125

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 AM

Posted 04 August 2009 - 04:59 AM

Hi.
I'm building a computer for the first time. I checked the Front Panel Audio Header pin assignments on my mobo and the cable attached to the case, and they do not match up. What should I do now?

It is HD Audio.

Antec P183 Case and Gigabyte Motherboard.

Here are the Case pin assignments:

1. MIC2 L
2. AGND
3. MIC2 R
4. AVCC
5. FRO-R
6. MIC2_JD
7. F_IO_SEN
8. Key (no pin)
9. FRO-L
10. LINE2_JD

Here are the Gigabyte Motherboard pin assignments found in the manual:

1. MIC2_L
2. GND
3. MIC2_R
4. -ACZ_DET
5. LINE2_R
6. GND
7. FAUDIO_JD
8. No Pin
9. LINE2_L
10. GND

Thanks for the help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigacci

rigacci

Fiorentino

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 04 August 2009 - 03:47 PM

They talk about rewiring the front header. I believe they mean the USB but you could rewire the Audio Header as well.

I am sure you already have it but here is a link to the manual.

http://www.antec.com/pdf/manuals/P183%20Manual_EN.pdf

Now, if you can just figure out what all of those pin acronyms MEAN, it would probably work....

DR

#3 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 AM

Posted 04 August 2009 - 04:35 PM

I had to rewire an audio header and a USB header a couple generations back because I had an oddball case that defied any known standards. I fortunately had a couple of pin removal tools left over from my automotive tech days that fit the connectors I needed to dissassemble. Like this http://www.jpcycles.com/ProductDetail.aspx...source=08harley One was Ford specific, one was GM specific.

Pulling and reordering the pins is about the only way to do it. I cannot find any good links to tools specifically for that. There are molex/ATX connector tools out there but that won't help you. I have seen a kit specifically for taking PC connectors apart/removing pins but I cannot remember where I found it. they were part of a larger PC repair kit sold by some outfit. Wish I knew more.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#4 Vroom125

Vroom125
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 AM

Posted 04 August 2009 - 04:59 PM

But the problem is that I do not know what all of those acronyms mean. So I don't know what wire should go where.

#5 rigacci

rigacci

Fiorentino

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 04 August 2009 - 09:05 PM

OK, some of the things can be figured out and eliminated.

Looks like MIC is microphone and the HD has a left and right.

VCC is usually Voltage (power), as in the USB connector. (an A in front might mean there are 2, A & B )

Same thing with the GND and AGND. They are both grounds but it might matter which one.

FRO appears to mean FRONT.

The case also should have the standard AC '97 connector, according to the manual. But even that one looks like it needs to be "tweaked". Some pins are not exactly correct.

Boy, what a pain, no?

What model Gigabyte board is it?

DR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users