Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

random rebooting again

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 rjwoodie

rjwoodie

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 AM

Posted 04 August 2009 - 02:26 AM

hey there people i have a compaq tower machine that is coming up with a blue screen error message while running malwarebytes antimalware and a few other programmes on thepc.
iv looked through device manager and everything seems to be ok in there
so the following error message is: ***STOP: 0x0000008E (0x0000005, 0x8058C6C2, 0xF4440904, 0x00000000)
hope this helps.
thanks people, rj.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 AM

Posted 04 August 2009 - 07:39 AM

Possible causes of this error may include the following:
- Hard disk damage
- General hardware configuration problems with the BIOS, the memory, the hard disk, or with other devices
- Incompatible device driver or software

In your case, because it happens with many programs, you should check your hard disk and RAM first.
Open StartMenu > Run type cmd In the command prompt type : chkdsk /f c: and pres Enter. If asked say yes by pressing Y followed by Enter key. Do this for all your hard disk partitions like D: E: etc. When all is done restart your computer.

For RAM modules, take them out and clean the contacts and reseat them back firmly. Check your RAM using memtest (http://www.memtest.org/)

If these dont work, you may have to look at incompatible drivers and software. Easy solution would be to use System Restore in that case.

#3 rjwoodie

rjwoodie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2009 - 03:20 PM

hey there have done as you asked and am still having the same trouble.
any other ideas?
thanks very much foe your help

#4 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2009 - 09:21 PM

If you have done all, then problem lies in the hard disk. It may have suffered some physical damage. If you have hard disk manufacturer's diagnosis utility, please run it. Most hard disk manufacturers put such utilities online on their websites.

#5 rjwoodie

rjwoodie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2009 - 01:18 AM

thanks for your reply.
how wuld i get this utility?
its pretty strange realy cause when i run malwarebytes antimalware it dosent even get quarter way through befor i get the blue screen.
then it comesup saying something about drivers and other possible causes for the error messge.
but i look indevice manager and everything is fine inthere.
and seems to take ages to open programmes like theonei was just telling you about.
heymate thanks for your help.
regards rj

#6 rjwoodie

rjwoodie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2009 - 01:44 AM

god this is so frustrating.
my hdd isa samsung so went to there website and cant find a dam thing is regards to a diagnosis utility.

#7 rjwoodie

rjwoodie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2009 - 04:26 AM

have done a checkdisk on hdd and its come back clean. cant seem to find a manafacturers diagnostic utility formy hd ad have even swapped out the ram and grathics card so there is a straight 256mb goin to windows instead of just 224mb and the rest goin to the grathics. still no luck

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,748 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2009 - 08:13 AM

I have a number of Samsung drives, the utility is at http://www.samsung.com/global/business/hdd...ort_Shdiag.html

They have redesigned the website and the new design doesn't make it easy to find the diagnostic.

I had to do a Google, using "Samsung hard drive diagnostic" to access it, where it was never so difficult before.

Louis

#9 rjwoodie

rjwoodie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2009 - 03:19 PM

ok thank you for that il give that a tryand post back and let ya no how iget on.

#10 rjwoodie

rjwoodie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2009 - 03:41 PM

hi there. have downloaded your diskutility as you said to do but my model of hdd was not listed.
mymodel is samsung SV4002H 40gig. downloaded it anyway and tried it out but it comes up saying Unknown or none.
im presuming this cause my hdd is not compatible with this programme?

#11 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,748 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2009 - 04:02 PM

That was my error...that wasn't the utility I intended to link to, but this is: http://www.samsung.com/global/business/hdd...port_HUTIL.html

Your drive is listed :thumbsup:.

I've always gone with the floppy versions.

Louis

#12 rjwoodie

rjwoodie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2009 - 05:37 PM

hey there again.
well i downloaded your new programme and copied it to disk as bootable blah blah...
and that failed as well.
iv finally got sick of it and went to format and reinstall windows and as i was beginning the process this error message came up....
A problem has beeb detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damgae to your computer.
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
***STOP:0x000000D1 (0xFF5060C0, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xFF5060C0)
ihope this helps.
also as i was trying to boot up from that programme of yours i got some message about a system32 file that was corrupt or missing and windows was notable to boot with the windows xp cd.
i found the message again lol
Windows wasnot able to start because the following file is missing or corruptor missing:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM
cheers for ya help rj

Edited by rjwoodie, 05 August 2009 - 05:43 PM.

#13 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,748 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2009 - 05:51 PM

Those error messages you quote...don't even apply to the situations.

STOP error messages generally don't cite driver actions when format/reinstall is involved...there are no drivers because there is no O/S.

Booting from an XP CD...has nothing to do with XP boot files for an existing install.

Louis

#14 rjwoodie

rjwoodie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2009 - 07:03 PM

yes i do realise this. i can only tell you what i see. what would you like me to do, take photos when ever it craps itself?
after i finished with your programme which by the way didnt work cause of my sick puter it cam up with the system32 thing. sowent to reinstall windows and thats when i got the blue screen error message or whatever you wanna call it.
like i said i can only tell you what i see.
everything i try seems to make the puter bleep itsself with sometimes different error messages.
also this is not the first time iv tried to reinstall windows on this machine and have had that kind of error message while loading files off the disk or formatting or doin the actual reinstall.
so far all iv done on my end is gone through a process of elimination.
cleand the contacts on the ram.
even chucked in mygrathics card from my other pc which is the same so there would be 256mb dedicated straight towindows instead of being split between windows and the onboard grathics.
all that did was make windows work a little more faster.
when i run malwarebytes it dosent even get quarter way through befor the blue screen com,es up and here goes another error meesage.
when i went to reinstall windows the first time i actually had to remove the hdd and place it in my other pc to get a format and reinstall.
so you tell me, whats so unusal about a error messeage coming up where it shoudnt possiblybe??
remember i already no that error message shoudnt be there lol.

#15 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,748 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2009 - 07:44 PM

Well...a failing CMOS battery and RAM problems (not together, individuall)...I have seen each result in erroneous error messages on my systems.

I would suppose that a failing or weak power supply might.

I would suppose that a bad motherboard might.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users