Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nonresponsive windows

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 spdfrk78

spdfrk78

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 PM

Posted 04 August 2009 - 12:47 AM

Recently I bought an external hard drive to backup the data on my laptop. I don't know if it has anything to do with the issue I'm having or just a coincidence.

After installing the HDD, Vista started running really slow. Now it's gotten to the point where after opening any type of window, to included web browser or document file, the window will become completely unresponsive and I have to wait up to 10 mins. to restart. While I am posting this I just received a message that "Host Processes for Windows has stopped working and has shut down". I don't know what that means. Is this something serious or an easy fix? I will run a disk check and post the results. But any help will be greatly appreciated.

External HDD is a WD My Passport. Laptop is a Toshiba Satallite running Windows Vista.

Edited by spdfrk78, 04 August 2009 - 12:49 AM.

Toshiba Satellite Laptop
Hoping to build some type of "Hot Rod" multi-media machine

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users