Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keylogged, what do I do now?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mezzonz

mezzonz

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 04 August 2009 - 12:30 AM

Yesterday at around 8:00AM (According to the email log) someone obtained my email and World of Warcraft account passwords. My World of Warcraft account was banned (Still working on getting it restored) so I changed all of my passwords on a seperate cpu. After that, I used my system recovery disc to reformat my computer. Once the reformatting was complete, I installed and ran virus scans on these programs:

edit: Currently using Microsoft Windows XP - Home Edition - Service Pack 3

Avast! Anti Virus (Found nothing)
Spybot search and destroy (Found a trojan which was removed, hasn't shown up since)
Advanced system care (Found nothing)
Ad-aware (Found nothing)
Malwarebytes (Found nothing)
Windows Defender (Found nothing)
Blacklight rootkit remover (Found nothing)

Restarted my CPU and ran all of these programs again one by one just to double check, but nothing was found. However, I just can't shake the feeling that the keylogger is still lurking somewhere on my computer. Once my account is restored on WoW, I want to ensure that this does not happen again. So my question is:

What are the chances the keylogger is still in my system?

If you think there is a good chance it is, where do I go from here?

All help is appreciated (I'm becoming paranoid because of this) and thanks for taking the time to read this.

Edited by mezzonz, 04 August 2009 - 01:50 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users