Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I delete quarantined Trojan?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cougar2244

cougar2244

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 AM

Posted 03 August 2009 - 10:49 PM

My Symantec Endpoint Protection found a Trojan tonight. It has been quarantined, but I'm just wondering what to do now?

Is it OK just to leave the file quarantined, or will I have to worry about this infection still?

The filename is jar_cache46019.tmp, and the location is also given. I typed the file location in Start-Run, but I don't think I see the exact file that is listed as infected.

Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,701 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2009 - 11:06 PM

You can leave the file quarantined. It's not gonna do anything now. If you want to get rid of it, Symantec Endpoint Protection should have an option to empty the quarantine.

~Blade

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#3 cougar2244

cougar2244
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2009 - 08:58 AM

You can leave the file quarantined. It's not gonna do anything now. If you want to get rid of it, Symantec Endpoint Protection should have an option to empty the quarantine.

~Blade

Ok, I did that now. So should my computer be Trojan free now? Nothing else shows up on Symantec, Malwarebytes or Trojan Remover scans. Sorry, I'm just paranoid and don't want any viruses.

#4 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,701 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2009 - 09:04 AM

You should be fine if you aren't experiencing any symptoms. :thumbsup:

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#5 cougar2244

cougar2244
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2009 - 09:08 AM

Nope, everything appears to be working the same as always.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users