Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Internet not working.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jarquafelmu

Jarquafelmu

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 03 August 2009 - 03:38 PM

Hi guys, here is my question.

So my sister is running an Acer Aspire 3680 laptop. Yesterday the wireless internet on her laptop was working. She ran the default window's disk cleanup and then after she rebooted her computer and let the clean up run her wireless internet stopped working. It connects to our home network but it doesn't get past the Identifying stage.

I am running a Netgear model WGR614 v7 network. Its 802.11g.

On my network I assign static LAN IP's based on MAC addresses and I employ MAC address filtering.

I checked her mac address in case the disk clean up had changed it, but the one on her computer matched the MAC i have for her in the router. I have tried cycling the power on the router and no help.

I have removed our home network from her wireless network places and then re-added it, retyping the correct password.

The RJ45 or LAN connection works fine. I am just lost on why the wireless is not working. We have other laptops in the house and they can get on the wireless internet just fine.

I am running out of ideas here, any help would be great, thanks.
--
If you don't have honor what do you have?
"Too early old, too late smart" - Indian Proverb.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users