Jump to content
Posted 03 August 2009 - 03:08 PM
Posted 03 August 2009 - 03:13 PM
Posted 03 August 2009 - 03:36 PM
Hello.first please do one more malware check.
Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):
NOTE: Before saving MBAM please rename it to zztoy.exe....now save it to your desktop.
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
alternate download link 1
alternate download link 2
MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
- Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
- When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Then click Finish.
On the Scanner tab:
- If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
- If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
- Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
- Then click on the Scan button.
- If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
- The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
- Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.
- Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
- The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
- Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
- Exit MBAM when done.
Posted 03 August 2009 - 03:39 PM
Posted 03 August 2009 - 03:41 PM
Hi sorry for not being clear. Scanning with MBAM in safe or normal mode will work but removal functions are not as powerful in safe mode. MBAM is designed to be at full power when malware is running so safe mode is not necessary when using it. In fact, it loses some effectiveness for detection & removal when used in safe mode because the program includes a special driver which does not work in safe mode. Further, scanning in safe mode prevents some types of malware from running so it may be missed during the detection process. For optimal removal, normal mode is recommended so it does not limit the abilities of MBAM. Doing a safe mode scan should only be done when a regular mode scan fails.
I personnally feel once it has been run in Safe mode,I like a new install.
Posted 03 August 2009 - 03:56 PM
Posted 03 August 2009 - 04:13 PM
Hello, I was just checking in case there was a last malware causing the grief. You are going with Avast now correct. So remove all traces of McAfee.
McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool (MCPR.exe)
The uninstaller software removes all traces of editions 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, McAfee Total Protection, McAfee Internet Security Suite PC Protection Plus VirusScan Plus Wireless Protection.
McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool: MCPR.exe
Posted 05 August 2009 - 10:13 PM
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cureSpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users