Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost without the internet

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 km7574

km7574

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 AM

Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:03 PM

Every time I open Internet Explorer I get a message about an error occurring and then it asks to report or not report. If I click the link at the bottom it gives me P1: c000009c and P2:00000003. I have no idea what this means or how to fix it. I use Windows XP and I have a Dell. Please help!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,173 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:42 PM

Hello, please do this and let us know. I am moving this from XP to the Am I Infected forum.
Delete the contents of this folder first:
C:\DOCUME~1\zohar\LOCALS~1\Temp

Next run ATF and SAS:

Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".

From your regular user account..
Download Attribune's ATF Cleaner and then SUPERAntiSpyware , Free Home Version. Save both to desktop ..
DO NOT run yet.
Open SUPER from icon and install and Update it
Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
Close browsers before scanning.
Scan for tracking cookies.
Terminate memory threats before quarantining
Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program. DO NOT run yet.

Now reboot into Safe Mode: How to enter safe mode(XP)
Using the F8 Method
Restart your computer.
When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys.
Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.
Click the Empty Selected button.

If you use Firefox or Opera browser click that browser at the top and choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program

NOW Scan with SUPER
Open from the desktop icon or the program Files list
On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
Perform a Complete scan. After scan,Verify they are all checked.
Click OK on the summary screen to quarantine all found items.
If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.

To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log.
A text file will open in your default text editor.
Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
Click Close to exit the program.

Please ask any needed questions,post logs and Let us know how the PC is running now.

Edited by boopme, 03 August 2009 - 02:44 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 km7574

km7574
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2009 - 03:11 PM

Please keep in mind that in general I am a computer moron. I will try and find the folder and delete it. As for the files you would like me to download, the errors keep me from loading Internet Explorer so I am unsure how to download these items. I ran a virus scan and a malware program already but it came up clean. Maybe the ones I am using are not good enough. I am sorry that I cannot tell you what they are but I am not on my computer right now. (I think one is called Ad-Aware).

#4 km7574

km7574
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2009 - 09:54 AM

I only have access to a computer today so if anyone can please please help me. I cannot use internet explorer and get online. I have run my virus scan and it came up clean and I have tried to run my spyware program four times but it always freezes up when it reaches C:\WINDOWS\ie7updates\KB961260-IE7\spuninst. Please help me as soon as possible

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,173 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2009 - 10:19 AM

See if this fixes your Net issues .

Go to Start ... Run and type in cmd
A dos Window will appear.
Type in the dos window: netsh winsock reset
Click on the enter key.

Reboot your system to complete the process.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 km7574

km7574
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2009 - 04:34 PM

Thank you very much. I will try that later and let you know what happens

#7 km7574

km7574
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2009 - 07:06 PM

Sorry, no luck. I guess my only option is to back up my files, wipe everything off the computer and reinstall everything. I really do not want it to come to that. If you can think of anything else please let me know.

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,173 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2009 - 08:31 PM

Is this wireless or wired.

Most Internet connectivity problems arise out of corrupt Winsock settings due to the installation of a networking software or Malware infestation. If your ISP provider insists that your connection is coming through, the problem must be at your end.

Go Start > Run > type: "cmd" In the window that appears type: "ipconfig /flushdns". Close the command box.

Go Start > Control Panel > Network Connections. Right click on your default connection, usually Local Area Connection or Dial-up Connection if you are using Dial-up, and and choose Properties. Double-click on the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) item. Select the radio button that says "Obtain DNS servers automatically". Reboot. Warning: Some Internet Service Providers need specific DNS settings. You need to make sure that you know if such DNS settings are required before you make this change.

Download LSPFix and save to your desktop.
alternate download site
alternate download site
  • Disconnect from the Internet, go to the LSPfix file and extract (unzip) LSP-Fix into its own folder such as C:\lspfix. (Click here for information on how to do this if not sure. Win 9x/2000 users click here.
  • Open the lspfix folder and double-click on LSPFix.exe to start the program.
  • Check the "I know what I am doing" checkbox.
  • Select (highlight) all instances of BAD.dll in the left column under "Keep".
  • Click the arrow >> so it goes over to the right column under "Remove".
  • Click "Finish" and LSPfix will remove references to the file and restore the chain numbers.
  • Restart your computer in "SAFE MODE" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".
  • Delete the following files:
    • C:\Windows\system32\BAD.dll
      C:\Windows\system32\BAD.dll
  • Restart your computer normally and post a new HJT log.
For instructions with screen shots, see the "Using LSP-Fix Tutorial".

Download and run WinSockFix.
Be sure to print out and follow the instructions provided in the Winsock Repair Tutorial. If you need a tutorial with screenshots see here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users