Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Delete folder for IMAP account

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 x-star

x-star

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 AM

Posted 03 August 2009 - 11:50 AM

Hello all,

I run most of my daily operations off of my iMac and I run Entourage on my Mac for email.

I have two IMAP accounts that I access on a regular basis. In Entourage, I have an option in the advanced tab for each account that allows me to handle how I want to handle deleting messages from the IMAP server.

It's called "Delete Options" and I have selected "Move messages to the Deleted Items folder" selected.

This is great because I always have my deleted messages stored in this file for future reference. Note: I also have the "Purge Deleted Items" option selected to purge this folder every 180 days.

My problem is I use a PC when on the run and I would like it to handle deleting items the same way as my Mac. Right now, when ever I delete an item in Outlook, it does not go to the Deleted Items folder. It just magically disappears forever. Can someone help me out to get Outlook to act like my Entourage. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users