Have you asked your IT dept to fix this computer? They almost always forbid posting business computers to forums. Your Java is out of date.
Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system. Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update.
- Please download Java Version 6 Update 15
- Click the "Free Java Download" button.
- Click "Free Java Download" again
- Save the file jxpiinstall.exe to your desktop
- Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
- Go to Start > Control Panel double-click on Add/Remove programs and remove all older versions of Java.
Examples of older versions in Add or Remove Programs:
Java 2 Runtime Environment, SE v1.4.2_03
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 6
Java 6 Update 5
- Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
- Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
- Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
- Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
- Then from your desktop double-click on jxpiinstall.exe to install the newest version.
Download Security Check
Save it to your Desktop
Double click SecurityCheck.exe
and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt
Please post the contents of that document.
Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
from one of these places:http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti...&tag=buttonhttp://www.majorgeeks.com/Malwarebytes_Ant...ware_d5756.htmlhttp://www.besttechie.net/mbam/mbam-setup.exe
Double Click mbam-setup.exe
to install the application.
* Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Full Scan
", then click Scan
* The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient
* When the scan is complete, click OK,
then Show Results
to view the results.
* Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected
* When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
* The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
* Copy&Paste the entire MBAM report (even if it does not find anything) in your next replyExtra Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process, if asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.
Edited by SifuMike, 07 August 2009 - 09:44 PM.