Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer crashes when resumes from Standby

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 asylumist

asylumist

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 AM

Posted 03 August 2009 - 07:20 AM

Followed by a bunch of 00000 then a 4 on the end so it looks like this x0000004. it says i might of installed new software or hardware, well the only thing i remember installing was anti-virus software and for hardware none at all. Well i think i know the problem but i dunno how to turn it off, its the Disk check thingy. My Disk Defragmator refuses to run i saw on a post that doing a disk check on RAW would fix it. Didn't work and now i can't stop it from running everytime i boot my laptop up. How do i stop Disk Check from doing its thing and please help on my original question! thanks for your time!!!

Edited by garmanma, 03 August 2009 - 09:52 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 asylumist

asylumist
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2009 - 07:26 AM

I have no idea whats wrong with it, i go on disk defrag and click defrag on C: it comes up a message box saying "Disk Defragmator Can't Start" its rather annoying pleae help

It says something like Kernel_Stack_Inpage_Error

Edited by garmanma, 03 August 2009 - 09:51 AM.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,830 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 PM

Posted 03 August 2009 - 08:53 AM

You need to supply more accurate data re the STOP error message.

FWIW: You need to change your attitude toward any disk check. When an automatic disk check is invoked at boot...it's a sign of a problem with the hard drive or files on the hard drive. It's supposed to be an early warning indicator, not a nuisance.

IMO, the best thing to do when it happens...is to run chkdsk after Windows fully boots. Start/Run...type chkdsk /r (with space between k and /) and hit Enter. Type Y in response to onscreen query/notice and hit Enter. Reboot the system and let the command be executed to completion, system will boot into XP when check is complete.

Your error message probably results because you have not taken the steps I suggest.

If the error continues...write down exactly what it states and post it here.

Louis

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 AM

Posted 03 August 2009 - 09:52 AM

How much free space do you have left on the hard drive
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 asylumist

asylumist
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:28 PM

How much free space do you have left on the hard drive

I currently have 9.86GB on my comp but I'm gona uninstall The Sims 3 and any other craap.

#6 asylumist

asylumist
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:30 PM

You need to supply more accurate data re the STOP error message.

FWIW: You need to change your attitude toward any disk check. When an automatic disk check is invoked at boot...it's a sign of a problem with the hard drive or files on the hard drive. It's supposed to be an early warning indicator, not a nuisance.

IMO, the best thing to do when it happens...is to run chkdsk after Windows fully boots. Start/Run...type chkdsk /r (with space between k and /) and hit Enter. Type Y in response to onscreen query/notice and hit Enter. Reboot the system and let the command be executed to completion, system will boot into XP when check is complete.

Your error message probably results because you have not taken the steps I suggest.

If the error continues...write down exactly what it states and post it here.

Louis

No, i understand what your getting at, I've already had the Chkdsk thingy on. It says nothing and lets me log in. But the problem is when i close my laptop lid and it goes into standby mode so when i open my laptop up to resume were i left it at, THATS were the problem happens. When i'm ready i'l close the lid, open it back up and write down all the relevant infomation :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users