Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Method of registration

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ashutoshrathore

ashutoshrathore

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 PM

Posted 02 August 2009 - 11:35 PM

HI!
Lucy told me to post this in this section.So some one can help.
My new topic is fully based on regestration methods.As we see that when we install a software like kaspersky or else it comes with a trail version n we'd given 1 month to try that software,then we'd to purchase that software.When we purchase that software a serrial key is given to activate that software.So I just need a method to make my software that type.I have made a converter n wanted to a registration process for it,also i had make a dos game that i also wanted to have registration process.OR i want to make my software trial version so it can run for 5 days after that i have give a key to unlock the software to person who baught it.
Ashu$$$
ASHUTOSH RATHORE
Twitter

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 aommaster

aommaster

I !<3 malware

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 PM

Posted 03 August 2009 - 05:30 AM

Hi ashutoshrathore
Most of the info below is language-independant. You'll need to figure out the exact details for yourself.

My new topic is fully based on regestration methods.As we see that when we install a software like kaspersky or else it comes with a trail version n we'd given 1 month to try that software,then we'd to purchase that software.

So, you'd like to create a trial version fora program, with say, full features for 30 days, and then a reduced functionality after the time expires.

My advice for you would be to actually create a reduced functionality program (Shareware) that can be distributed free. And then, should a person decide to buy that program, they get a key and can then unlock the full-feature program. The reason I say this is because programs like the latter a lot harder to crack, and are not easily 'tricked'.

When we purchase that software a serrial key is given to activate that software.

To do this, you're going to need to generate an algorithm for calculating the serial number based on the information given (be it a username, email, etc. or a combination of them all), this is up to you.

You'll need to embed a validator (this will be where you input the registration information) into your program, and the validator has to desmantle the serial number into it's intial information, and then compare with the information that had been provided. If they match, you can then enable a full featured program.

i had make a dos game that i also wanted to have registration process

Two things here:
1. I don't recommend that you try to market a DOS game. It's very outdated, and most DOS games now are classified as 'abandonware', ie, programs that you used to pay for that are now released free, because very few people use it.
2. DOS game registration, as far as I believe, is impossible to do. You'll need to release two versions, a shareware version that has reduced functionality, and then a full version which people will recieve if they pay you for the game.

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

My website: http://aommaster.com
unite_blue.png
Please do not send me PM's requesting for help. The forums are there for a reason : )
If I am helping you and do not respond to your thread for 48 hours, please send me a PM

#3 ashutoshrathore

ashutoshrathore
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 PM

Posted 04 August 2009 - 04:48 AM

Thanks.It works for me.And ur website is gr8.
Ashu@@

Edited by ashutoshrathore, 04 August 2009 - 04:48 AM.

ASHUTOSH RATHORE
Twitter

#4 aommaster

aommaster

I !<3 malware

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 PM

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:00 AM

Glad to help :thumbsup:

My website: http://aommaster.com
unite_blue.png
Please do not send me PM's requesting for help. The forums are there for a reason : )
If I am helping you and do not respond to your thread for 48 hours, please send me a PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users