Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slow vista.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 Darkking711

Darkking711

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 PM

Posted 02 August 2009 - 10:39 PM

Ok so. Yesterday morning I went on my computer to play runescape and there was an update for flash player So i updated and after I was done playing after 10 minutes I went on youtube and it said the either java script was turned off or I needed a new version of flash. So I just ignored it and told my self it's just vista at its best -.- and left because I was getting picked up to go to great america. Now I left my computer on because usually it's on and because I thought I would come right back home after. After Great America I went to my cousins house and ended up having a sleep over and i Remebered my computer was one I told my mom to turn it off (she isnt good with computers) and I guess she did. The next day when I got home my computer was off so I thought my mom actually turned it off. So I turned my computer on and everything loaded up to the log in page and I clicked my name and typed my password but everything was moving veryy slowly So I thought maybe its the computer starting up. So I clicked log in and it came to the screan that said welcome and for 10 minutes it was stuck there, so I had to manually shut down my computer. I turned it on again and it said windows did not shut down properly and I clicked on Start windows Normally. The dell loading and vista loading came and than I had to log in. But this time it was working like normal so I said it was just a gltich. Once I logged in I found that everything was superrrrrrrr slow I waited 15 minutes and some things loaded but norton and windows live was stuck on Logging in. So yet again I had to to shut down manually and I went into safemode without networking I opened up norton from the start menu and it said some features don't work in safemode and asked me if I wanted to run a full scan. I clicked "yes" and the scan started. After an hour the results where fine. It didn't find any viruses so I restarted my computer and logged into my account in normal mode and the same thing happened. I decided to let it load and a hour later it was still freezing and something called windows problems and solutions popped up but would freeze to open so after I said why does this always happen to me and forced shutdown and went into safemode and checked out the problems I had 2 game problems, and video hardware problems. Once I looked at these it said that thay hapened at today around 2 pm for most of them but I got home at 6 pm. So Now im in safemode writing this and hoping someone can help.

I finally get a new computer and it doesnt work right. and all I do it play runescape and a couple cd games and go on youtube and watch tv with a tv tuner. I've only had this computer for a month and I payed over 2000 dollars for it and this is not what I should be getting.

My system specs are.

Intel i7 920 2.67GHz
6gbram ddr3
ATI Radeon 4850 512mb
Vista Ultimate 64 bit
640gb hard drive

and

Norton internet security 2009

Please help im a at the point where I want to kill Bill Gates for making a super bleepty OS ( I really should have gotten the mac)

Also my dad doesnt know about this because he's gonna flip out and not even help me just tell me that im a screw up and ye.. im only 14 so. But I can handle fixing thinggs :D I had a virtumonde virus in my old computer that took me 2 weeks to get out. So any help would be great thanks :D

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Darkking711

Darkking711
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2009 - 10:21 AM

I would also like to say today I logged into my normal account and all I get is a black screan.

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,493 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 PM

Posted 03 August 2009 - 10:40 AM

Hello, I have 2 suggestions before we go on. One have you tried from safe mode and choosing Last known Good Configuration.
Also as it so new do you have a warranty service?
We can run some tests after this also.

You can run MBAM (MalwareBytes):

NOTE: Before saving MBAM please rename it to zztoy.exe....now save it to your desktop.

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
alternate download link 1
alternate download link 2

MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
  • Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
  • Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
  • If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
  • If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
On the Scanner tab:
  • Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
  • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
  • Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
  • Exit MBAM when done.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

Edited by boopme, 03 August 2009 - 02:30 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 Darkking711

Darkking711
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2009 - 01:44 PM

Ok I will try MBAM as it has done many good things to my last computer. I got a 3 year warranty but dell's service is sooo bad im not sure I want to talk to someone who will tell me to do system restore.

#5 Darkking711

Darkking711
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2009 - 03:03 PM

Ok so I ran a full scan in safemode and this is what I got.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.40
Database version: 2551
Windows 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 (Safe Mode)

8/3/2009 12:57:09 PM
mbam-log-2009-08-03 (12-57-09).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|D:\|E:\|F:\|G:\|H:\|I:\|J:\|)
Objects scanned: 281983
Time elapsed: 28 minute(s), 44 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 1
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoActiveDesktopChanges (Hijack.DisplayProperties) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

I havn't gone into normal mode yet. I'm just going to wait to see what you think. But in meanwhile Im gonna run another full scan with MBAM just to make sure it's gone.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,493 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2009 - 03:09 PM

Rerun MBAM (MalwareBytes) like this:

Open MBAM in normal mode and click Update tab, select Check for Updates,when done
click Scanner tab,select Quick scan and scan.
After scan click Remove Selected, Post new scan log and Reboot into normal mode.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 Darkking711

Darkking711
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2009 - 03:48 PM

Great more bad news. So I ran another scan in safe mode and it found 0 things. So After that I restarted my computer and logged onto normal mode my screan was still black. Just the mouse and a black screan. What should I do?

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,493 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2009 - 03:59 PM

You will need to run HJT/DDS to safely remove this.
Please follow this guide. go and do steps 6 and 7 ,, Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Hijackthis. Then go here HijackThis Logs and Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal ,click New Topic,give it a relevant Title and post that complete log.

Let me know if it went OK.

#9 Darkking711

Darkking711
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2009 - 04:02 PM

Ok. Thanks ;D

#10 Darkking711

Darkking711
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2009 - 04:21 PM

WOW! New problem I ran DDS and it says it's not compatible with my system. -.-

Edited by Darkking711, 03 August 2009 - 04:23 PM.

#11 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,493 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2009 - 07:35 PM

You really know how to hurt a guy :thumbsup:

If you cannot get DDS to work, please try this instead.

Please download RSIT by random/random and save it to your Desktop.
Note: You will need to run this tool while connected to the Internet so it can download HijackThis if it is not located on your system. If you get a warning from your firewall or other security programs regarding Rist attempting to contact the Internet, please allow the connection.
  • Close all applications and windows so that you have nothing open and are at your Desktop.
  • Double-click on RSIT.exe to start the program.
  • If using Windows Vista, be sure to Run As Administrator.
  • Click Continue after reading the disclaimer screen.
  • Leave the drop down box set to default: "List/folders created or modified in the last 1 month (30 days).
  • When the scan is complete, a text file named log.txt will automatically open in Notepad.
  • Save the log file to your desktop and copy/paste the contents into a new topic in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum, NOT here.
Important: Be sure to mention that you tried to follow the Prep Guide but were unable to get DDS to run.
If RSIT did not work, then reply back here.

#12 Darkking711

Darkking711
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2009 - 08:24 PM

THanks I just did it and the new post in that section is called "Vista Black Screen Of Death"

#13 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,493 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2009 - 09:00 PM

LOL... looks good..you're welcome.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...p;#entry1368671

Now that your log is properly posted, you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a HJT Team member, nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the HJT Team members are very busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users