Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Doesn't Start

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kellan6

kellan6

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 AM

Posted 02 August 2009 - 06:38 PM

Recently I've tried to start up my laptop, and though the power button lights up, the screen stays off and about 15 seconds later the computer shuts off.

Compaq Presario F730US Notebook PC
Windows XP Pro SP3

This started about 3 weeks after this: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...p;#entry1367152

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,701 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 PM

Posted 02 August 2009 - 07:39 PM

Sounds like it might be POST failure. Not sure at this point though. Do any of the lights on the laptop light up or blink in a pattern when you try to start the computer, or when the computer shuts itself off? This doesn't include the "normal" lightup of the power button.

~Blade

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#3 kellan6

kellan6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2009 - 08:36 PM

Kind of, but its not a very distinct pattern. The computer turns on, the lights turn on and the disc reader light flickers, then it tries to restart and it repeats a second time, then they all go off and blink for a second and then the computer fully shuts down.

#4 kellan6

kellan6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2009 - 12:32 PM

I've tried unplugging the power and taking out the battery, and both dont work to make my computer start. Is there anything I can do?

#5 kellan6

kellan6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2009 - 11:30 PM

problem solved..for now. You may lock this thread!

#6 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,701 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 PM

Posted 04 August 2009 - 12:30 AM

Glad to hear it! :thumbsup:

For the benefit of others reading this thread, how did you solve the problem?

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users