Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Retrieve WEP key without access to router

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ProPCTechs

ProPCTechs

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 02 August 2009 - 06:31 PM

Hello there everyone, I have a question to ask (Obvious, I know.)

I was wondering if it is possible via software, script or simple point and click process to retrieve a WEP key without having any access to your wireless router. The reason I need to know this is because I run a PC repair shop and I would LOVE to offer "loaner" pc's when A customer comes in and drops off a computer for repair. But as you know many people have to get on the internet, many of which have wireless internet connections and of which many do not know the WEP key or even the name of the network they connect to.

So again, in summary I am looking for a way to do this in the following order.
  • Retrieve Wireless Network Information from Customers computer (Network Name, Encryption Type, Key/Password)
  • Move said information to our loaner computer
Thanks friends!

Edited by ProPCTechs, 02 August 2009 - 06:36 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users