Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Aaargh! Does anyone know about Virtualdub?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 willythecat

willythecat

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 PM

Posted 02 August 2009 - 05:24 PM

l have a problem with Virtualdub which is certainly not life threatening, but it's happened to me on a couple of ocassions.
I have two video files on my C drive (cd1 and cd2) which on their own, view perfectly ok using Windows Media Player.
I fire up Virtualdub (to join the two files), and when l open the first file, it says "AVI: Truncated or invalid compressed audio format detected (18 bytes should be 36). Attempting to fix".
The Vdub screen also says "Warning: Nothing to output. Bframe decoder lag" and of course, will not procede to join the two files.
I'm not that technically minded, but know how to "run" programs. So when l get this kind of message, it's over the top of my head l'm afraid!
Because l'm having real problems with my physical drive (will burn cd's but not dvd's, but that's another problem) l thought l'd use Ashampoos' Movie Shrink and Burn as it burns movies to a cd as opposed to a dvd. And guess what, when the first file was selected up pops the following message:
"An invalid argument was passed to method 'unspecified method' of '': unspecified argument".
So now l'm totally "out of my depth". Can view each file without any problem whatsoever, but can't seem to do anything with them?
Any other ideas of how l can join these togrtht?
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 will2k

will2k

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 PM

Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:02 PM

try "Multiquence" from Goldwave Inc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users