Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with Unfinished WinFundamentals for Legacy Pcs (WinFLP) install

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 nine_dragons

nine_dragons

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 02 August 2009 - 12:24 PM

I started to run an install on an XP machine, just to see what the install process looked like...
(not recommended of course, but I was bloated with hubris)

I didn't have a burned cd, so I extracted the files and ran the SetUpLauncher.exe, but it soon timed out on a error message without doing the install.

There is a strange side effect now as I run XP. The XP desktop and 'My Documents' now show my rootdrive's (c:\) files. Any attempt to move, copy, or remove them will show the location as c:\ "root".. whether it's from the desktop, from the my documents folder, or the root drive.

It seems likely that WinFLP has caused some kind of change in the referencing of location for c:\ in my registry. Odd that those locations should have the same files listed.

I can see no other side effects, for any folders or locations and XP has been running fine for weeks now. Has anyone else seen this, know of a way to remedy or if there's a set of registry values I can check?

Thanks so much =)
N

Edited by nine_dragons, 02 August 2009 - 12:28 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users