Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Personal encounters with computer stupidities

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 PM

Posted 13 July 2005 - 04:16 PM

I know we have a topic about the classic computer stupidities. However what about computer stupidities you've witnessed yourself? :thumbsup:

To explain this story, let me tell you what me and my brother are working, we decided to take any AOL CD we find and cover an entire bed-room wall with it. So far we have about 60 CDs. Basically we just go into stores and take any where from 10 to at most 30.

Well today we went into the local Wal-Mart and asked this old guy who worked there where the AOL CDs would be...

He said, pointing at the music section, "If we have any they would be under the A's."

I exchanged glances with my brother and almost cracked up right then. We started walking in that direction (just to please the man, cause in our local, Wal-Mart when they give you help, they expect you to listen, they will actual follow you sometimes), and as soon as we got down the aisle we just busted out laughing. :flowers: :trumpet: :inlove:

Edited by yanowhiz, 13 July 2005 - 04:17 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 14 July 2005 - 12:57 PM

:thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet: :inlove: :cool: :) :P B)

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#3 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 PM

Posted 14 July 2005 - 01:02 PM

AOL ROCKS!! NOT!!!

:thumbsup:

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#4 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2005 - 01:13 PM

My Mom strings them up above her deck from tree limbs. And puts them out in her garden, in order to deter birds from tearing up her garden. And to keep them from leaving a mess on her deck. When the shiny disks spin in the breeze, it scares them off.

:thumbsup: WTG Mom recycle. :flowers:

Edited by Scarlett, 14 July 2005 - 01:14 PM.

Posted Image

#5 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2005 - 01:41 PM

Lol, i love throwing them around. I still get them in the mail all the time. I used to go into the back yard with my friend and throw them like a frisbee.....

Either that, or throw them at a wall and watch them shatter into hundreds of pieces... i get bored a lot.... :thumbsup:

#6 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2005 - 09:10 PM

You won't believe what happened tonight. :thumbsup:

We went to Wal-mart to get this box so we could lock-up our router for security against each other (me and my brother, we each have our own lock) Well this box is probably about 18 inches tall about 10 inches from to back and about 1 foot wide. It says its like 16 Quarts. :flowers:

Anywho we went walking around the store filling this thing up with AOL CDs. We had this thing filled up when we went to leave. The guy who rang up the bucket didn't say anything, in fact he would have let us go, however this woman came up behind up and said in shock, "You know your only allowed 1 per person?" and we were said "It doesn't say that on the CDs." and they said "We'll its our policy."

Me and my brother just looked at each other and left with only 2 discs. :trumpet:

#7 efizzer

efizzer

• Members
  • 360 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2005 - 09:30 PM

:thumbsup: So let me get this straight... yu want to wallpaper your whole wall woth AOL CDs????

If I get anymore, i'll send them to you!
Posted Image

We're going to make the merry-go-round go faster, so everyone needs to hang on tighter-just to keep from being thrown to the wolves.

#8 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2005 - 09:32 PM

"You know your only allowed 1 per person?" and we were said "It doesn't say that on the CDs." and they said "We'll its our policy."

Me and my brother just looked at each other and left with only 2 discs. :thumbsup:

'Cmon dont be so selfish. :flowers: Dont ya want to let everyone have access to the glory of AOL. :trumpet: :inlove:
Posted Image

#9 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2005 - 11:45 PM

dont you have another wal-mart? i have like 3 in a 20-mile radius of my home.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#10 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2005 - 01:11 AM

:thumbsup: So let me get this straight... yu want to wallpaper your whole wall woth AOL CDs????

If I get anymore, i'll send them to you!

Yep! :flowers: :trumpet: My brother has already filled up his wall with AOL CDs. (Even though his wall in his room is smaller, hehe) But I'm waiting until I get about 100 before I start putting mine up. Also my brother is like duck tapping his to his wall. We have panelling in our rooms so it doesn't really matter. Our house is really old and stuff, I mean its literally falling apart. But the only reason we live here is cause my mom grew up here. (Side story: me and my brother and my mom live in our house and we complain about how my mom takes forever in the bathroom, but my mom always says how she grew in the same house with 2 sisters and a brother.)

"You know your only allowed 1 per person?" and we were said "It doesn't say that on the CDs." and they said "We'll its our policy."

Me and my brother just looked at each other and left with only 2 discs. sad.gif

'Cmon dont be so selfish. wink.gif Dont ya want to let everyone have access to the glory of AOL. :inlove: :cool:

I'll say it like my brother did "If no one else is taking them, then what is the big deal if we take a few dozen?"

dont you have another wal-mart? i have like 3 in a 20-mile radius of my home.

Yes, we have 2, soon to be 3 Wal-marts within 20 miles of me. However the one, on the way to the mall, isn't too good for getting them, they never restock them. However the one that is slightly south of us, is loaded. :)

Also my mom's boyfriend daughter found out that the local Post Office hands them out too. In fact they literally don't care how many you take, however they only have like 5 out at any given time.

Edited by yanowhiz, 15 July 2005 - 01:14 AM.

#11 LoLucky

LoLucky

• Members
  • 331 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2005 - 01:36 PM

I use to have a joke program that would randomly argue with me. While i was away at college my mom lent that computer to my grandma. (it was sitting in my closet for a few months) one day when i was on vacation my mom calls me up from my grandmas and says i need to come to my grandmas house. i go right away get in the house my mom starts laughing. tells me to go into the den once in there i see my Grandma standing at the computer angry as could be threatening my computer with a wooden spoon.

Needless to say even tho it was my computer my mom asked i remove the program.

#12 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 PM

Posted 15 July 2005 - 04:17 PM

That's funny, LoLucky.
Where's the camcorder when you need it? :thumbsup:
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#13 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2005 - 10:54 PM

Bows to LoLucky,

:thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet: :inlove: :P :cool:

I would have loved to have seen that!

I had a program that made strange :) sounds while the computer ran! Was so comical to see the guys who used it at school!

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#14 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2005 - 11:16 PM

anybody wana share the links to those programs?? that is if u still remember them.

- Rick Cook

#15 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2005 - 12:00 AM

I was trying to learn Basic, from a book at the library, and I made this text program that would ask you all these questions and show you the answers.
Well I accidently did something and it started looping the questoins. Well one day, my mom accidently ran the program (it was sitting on the desktop) and she was entering answers. Well after about 2 minutes of entering the same answers over and over again. She started yealling at the computer. I thought my dad did something but I come out there and she was really bleeped.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users