Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

email server

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 goldenc08

goldenc08

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 AM

Posted 13 July 2005 - 03:57 PM

Hi i was wondering if anyone knows of a free email server program that will host pop3 email and webmail

thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 duenna

duenna

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 15 July 2005 - 12:36 AM

Mail enable is a good free mail server, the free version does everything you wish but it does not do the webmail thing!

It is a good starting place though;

MailEnable Standard Edition provides robust SMTP and POP3 services for Windows NT/2000/XP/2003 systems. Its simple installation procedure and powerful administration software means that you will be up and running quickly. This edition is FREE for both personal and commercial usage, and does not have any time or user restrictions

Mailenable

By the way please be careful when setting this up. I have run one for 3 years now and it provides mail to many users, however if you muck up the config and it runs as an open relay then you can find 160000 emails going through your server. I did and ended up on every black list going. Even the woman in the newspaper shop had my IP address! Luckily enough I was thick then and I read the manual which is comprehensive. A quick change of I.P address and you are away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users