Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

security

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 markw9692

markw9692

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 02 August 2009 - 01:29 AM

The fax machine has a forwarding address now it never had.The ADT security system now has been overridden with a forwarding message forwarding info to who knows where. There are computer issues as well as other issues. I'm a guy/friend/contractor,fully capable of learning,technical info.This isn't my field,but 30 yrs ago my division at Eastman Kodak,R&D,fully computerized an entire research bldg.Can anyone steer me in the right direction for helping with the computer/fax issues.Also can anyone steer me in the right direction for security issues(somewhere like this that helps me to help her).All the doorjams have been broken(kicked in doors),nothing locks,when locks have been changed,mysteriously,when Kristan goes out,the locks have been replaced(unlocked of course)so she can't lock them herself.Her "x"is a crappy,contractor/slum landlord.Half of their realestate records are missing. Mortgages that were 700/month are now 1300.Remortgaged,I think. The guy has a passport and has been visiting Austria(that's near the Swiss banking,I believe). I've hired an honest lady lawyer I know;this should help. Anyone know where I can get,concealed, motion detecting cameras. I'd love to catch this guy myself but this is in RI,USA. If you look at someone funny here you're charged with obscure assault charges.Believe me I'm a living example of this. The guy is a wuss,I'm more of a threat to him than he is to her,but I really need to do this properly with documentation,there are kids involved,and I don't want to go to jail over some stupid emotional response. Any and all help will truly be welcomed. So far I've seen this to be a pretty cool sight,I'm convinced my pleas won't fall on deaf ears here. Thanks Mark

EDIT: Moved to a more appropriate (?) forum

Edited by garmanma, 02 August 2009 - 10:14 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 02 August 2009 - 02:08 AM

My first suggestion would be to have the victim call the police. Let them handle the investigation, that's what they're there for. If this guy has done all that you've said, this should be a pretty simple case, seeing how he's done a lot more than "looked at her funny". Some additional steps she may wish to take are below, but it is important that you first allow the police the opportunity to investigate anything he's done. Don't "clean up his trail"

If real estate records are missing it's possible he could have obtained other records/info as well. Have her call her banks, credit card carriers, etc and warn them of a possible security breach.

Get the ADT security system people to reset her alarm system, and change the passcode to it. Change the code to something that no one could guess. Have a locksmith change all locks, and invest in some deadbolts.

Change all passwords, PINs, etc. Use strong passwords that cannot be easily guessed.

Hope that helps some.

If you'd like more specific help with computer issues, you'll have to be more specific about exactly what issues you need help with.
~Blade

Edited by Blade Zephon, 02 August 2009 - 02:10 AM.

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users