Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Urgent! Need Help Converting .QCP Files

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Chris_Thomas

Chris_Thomas

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 AM

Posted 02 August 2009 - 01:24 AM

Hello.

I have always been able to send myself a sound message from my Verizon cellular phone, the Env2, to my e-mail address and the sound that I attached [recordings that I make using the phone] will come in an e-mail message as WAV files that I can play on my computer. I really need this feature because certain files will be used in a court hearing.

Recently, Verizon stopped converting the files that I send from the phone to my e-mail and I can only play the files on the actual cell phone itself. The files have the .QCP file extension and it really bothers me because I have tried many MANY different programs to endeavor to properly play these particular files.

It seems to be quite an interesting issue and many people seem to be having this difficulty. I have tried using pvconv.exe from Qualcomm PureVoice but apparently [according to some things I've read online] they have changed their format and this won't work. In any event, I downloaded it and I dragged the QCP files over to the pvconv.exe file to ensure that it would work. It outputted a zero-byte .WAV file.

I have also tried media-covert.com and it doesn't work either.

I downloaded the Qualcomm: v2.4.0 for Windows 2000/XP/Vista player from the Qualcomm website.

I really really need this to work and I will appreciate so much ANY help or information ANYBODY can provide me on this... It doesn't make sense that only my cellular phone can play these QCP files.... and why Verizon stopped converting them is beyond me.

I have uploaded a sample file that I need converted to WAV or MP3 format here: http://www.mediafire.com/?omwyzid433z
This file is 33 kB and is relatively short. If you need any additional files to practice converting on, just let me know.

If you have any suggestions please try it on that file first... Trust me... I have tried so many different things and nothing seems to work. That's one of the many files that I have sent from my phone to my computer in a message... I also used a cable and downloaded the file right off the phone. I can assure you that the file is not corrupted in any way.

I really don't want to end up converting thousands of files by holding a microphone near the phone's speakers. :-(

Thank you so much.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 02 August 2009 - 04:39 AM

Hi Chris
I tried all the things you have obviously tried with no joy, then have just come across this which you may like to try -
[first, I copy the QCP files from the voice folder on my miniSD card onto my hard drive.

Second, I use the QUALCOMM Purevoice converter (located here http://www.cdmatech.com/products/purevoice_download.jsp) to convert them.

You must place the .exe file in the directory with your copied QCP files and then drag them over the executable and voila! a .wav file is the output.]

Am not sure I understand exactly what this guy means but it is something else for you to try. Have you asked Verizon about this?

Good luck.

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#3 Chris_Thomas

Chris_Thomas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2009 - 11:06 AM

Hello.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to this posting. It is truly greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, as I said in my original post, I have tried this particular piece of software, the pvconv.exe file and it doesn't work.

It only outputs a zero-byte WAV file to the desktop. I have tried it before. It converts the sample .QCP file that comes in the directory as a sample with the pvconv.exe software, but it will not help me in converting my files.

Thanks for the help though.

Please someone help me in getting these files converted.
It is getting really tiring not being abe to play these files....

If you would have tried the sample file I uploaded with the method you just instructed me with, you would see the behavior to be identical.

Thank you in advance

#4 swashim

swashim

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 PM

Posted 10 April 2010 - 11:05 AM

Hi, I have the same exact problem. Did you find an answer? Thank you. this is very frustrating...

#5 SS_techno

SS_techno

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:55 PM

Hey Chris_Thomas or swashim -

Not sure if you all are having the same issue with qcp > wav file conversion, but I just downloaded and tried this latest (at least I'm assuming it's the latest) version of a converter from the Qualcomm site (http://www.qctconnect.com/downloads/purevoice/PVConverter_windows_v3_5.zip) and was able to work it flawlessly.

Hope it works out for you if you are still looking...

BTW C_T, I tried accessing the sample file that you had posted to mediafire and it was gone (of course it was almost a year ago) so I could not test it for you first.

#6 Andrealove

Andrealove

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:50 PM

The QCP file format is used by many cellular telephone manufacturers to provide ring tones and record voice. However, this Qualcom PureVoice (specifically a LG or Motorola recorded QCP file or QCP with TIA IS-127 Enhanced Variable Rate Codec, Speech Service Option 3 ) is not compatible with most media player and not supported by Windows and Mac. It will end in fail if you try to play the recorded QCP file with Windows Media Player, iTunes, QuickTime on Windows or Mac computer.

In order to successfully play QCP files anywhere, converting QCP to MP3/WAV/WMA will be a recommended solution.

Just google search Step by Step Guide on:

How to Convert QCP to MP3, WAV, WMA on Windows or Mac

You will find a detailed guide on how to convert QCP to MP3, it also applies to convert QCP to MP3, WAV, WMA, M4A, AAC, AC3, OGG, AIFF, ALAC, FLAC and etc.

Edited by Andrealove, 11 September 2013 - 11:51 PM.

#7 webercomeumi

webercomeumi

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:26 AM

Hi Andrealove,

Thank you for your post. Using the method you suggested, i find a software named Faasoft Video Converter. This software solved my issue of converting qcp to wav and share it with you. Hope it can help you too.

#8 scottnrogers

scottnrogers

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:07 AM

i know a professional QCP converter called iDealshare VideoGo which can convert all kinds of QCP files to almost all popular audio format like convert QCP to MP3, convert QCP to WAV, WMA, M4A, AIFF, FLAC, Apple Lossless ALAC, APE, AU, RA, DTS, AC3, AAC, MP2, OGG and etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users