Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer keeps restarting

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Paracitefluke

Paracitefluke

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 AM

Posted 02 August 2009 - 12:13 AM

Hi I just bought a new motherboard and video card since my older setup was doing the same thing. I just got a new HDD too so it shouldn't be it either.

Ok, my build is

Socket 939:AMD athlon 64 X2 4200+ Toledo with Zalman fan
motherboard: asus a8v-xe
ram: two Corsair XMS ddr400 1GB
video card: ATI Radeon HD 3650 PCIE
HDD: Seagate LP(lowpower) 1TB
PSU: Antec Neopower 500W.

I'm pretty sure it's the power supply. I had it for about a year now though. At first I thought it was the PSU, but then I started to suspect it might be the memory, I did memorytest86 and computer restarted same way as playing games. But I replaced the ram with another (same brand ddr400 different size: two 512MB ram) and I get the same thing while gaming.

Help me figure out what is the true problem on my pc so I can get a warranty replacement for either the PSU or RAM (Yeah my build is old, that might be a problem to some of you :thumbsup:).

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 AM

Posted 02 August 2009 - 02:26 PM

A computer at my work kept restarting and once I replaced the power supply, it was fine. I would have to say it's a failing power supply.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 gonefishin

gonefishin

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 AM

Posted 04 August 2009 - 12:58 PM

I used to own an Emachine. Wouldnt ever own one again lol. But it used to boot on and off. I remember opening up the side panel and having to have a fan plugged up pointed at it to keep it from booting. Anywayz yep agree with other guy sounds like the power pack. Computers are like cars some times you gotta change parts on them. because they give out after a while. I've got some upgrades needed for my comp gotta upgrade ram because the 512 aint cutin it anymore and gotta get a new soundcard because its about had it.

#4 Paracitefluke

Paracitefluke
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 AM

Posted 04 August 2009 - 03:19 PM

Thanks everyone, I just got an RMA from Antec and will be sending it soon.

I will try to reply whether this worked or not. (It's going to probably take a week or two...)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users