Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SP1 Instillation Errors: 5 Different Codes - PLEASE HELP!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Elizabeth_1977

Elizabeth_1977

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 01 August 2009 - 10:32 PM

I had to clean install recently. My computer has been updating since then and has had no problems doing the updates. However, I must now install SP1 and am encountering a problem installing it.

Once stage 3 of 3 is 100% completed, my computer the tells me that instiallation of SP1 has failed and that it's reverting the changes.

I have about 5 different errors with this:

Code 8E5E03FB (the most common error)
Code 80242014
Code 80242016 (the 2nd most common error)
Code 8024000B
Code 800706BE

I have tried EVERYTHING I could find online to try and correct this problem and successfully install SP1, but NOTHING works for me.

Can some help me out so that I can sucessfully install SP1?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 PM

Posted 02 August 2009 - 12:26 PM

This helped me in my case, not sure if yours is the same
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en
You might have to go into Programs and Features control panel and uninstall the Visual Studio 2008 shell. After that you will be able run the patch tool.

Edited by garmanma, 02 August 2009 - 12:27 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Elizabeth_1977

Elizabeth_1977
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2009 - 11:17 AM

This helped me in my case, not sure if yours is the same
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en
You might have to go into Programs and Features control panel and uninstall the Visual Studio 2008 shell. After that you will be able run the patch tool.

Yeah, I don't think that's going to help me me. When I download and run the patch am told it doesn't apply to me.

#4 Elizabeth_1977

Elizabeth_1977
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2009 - 10:04 PM

Can anyone else offer me any advice?

#5 Elizabeth_1977

Elizabeth_1977
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2009 - 10:53 PM

Can anyone else offer me any advice?

Guess not.

Well, thanks for the one reply though not helpful. I posted at another general computer forum and no one bothered to respond to me. Better one reply, even if not helpful, than no replies.

Guess my problem is pretty unique and complex for others to try and help me with it.

#6 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

• Banned
  • 868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 PM

Posted 05 August 2009 - 04:24 PM

Hi Elizabeth, sorry I couldn't get to you sooner, but I have not been on for a couple of weeks. There are several things we can try. First off I'd like to know what you have tried. I'm not sure where Garmanma was going with the Visual Studio thing. Did i miss something and you are trying to install that?

Are you installing SP1 from an "official" disc or from a download? There are a few updates that needed to be installed before SP1 was installed, have you installed those? If you are still looking for answers and checking this thread, let me know the answers to my questions and I'll know better where to start with you. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users