Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

access violation at address 4003b648 in module rt170.bpl. write of address 0000000d

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mkdenby

mkdenby

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 PM

Posted 01 August 2009 - 04:41 PM

I have solved about every problem just by reading other people's questions (as the rules state).......it has worked every time until now. access violation at address 4003b648 in module rt170.bpl. write of address 0000000d I have not found this, I hope I didn't overlook it...I'm learning a great deal from this forum and I don't want to waste everybody's time...I'm still a newbie and the more I learn, the more I realize that I don't know sh**. Anyway,thanks for your help...this is a great place to learn.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,875 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2009 - 05:37 PM

Just my guess...

Access violation...usually means a RAM/memory error.

Address 4003b648 appears to be a memory address.

Module rt170.bpl...seems to be part of IE.

What's the related error data as reflected in Event Viewer?

Take a look: http://www.justanswer.com/questions/uekb-c...running-windows

One answer by Rick Rogers (helpful MS-MVP) indicated that either updating the SP to the most current or reinstalling IE would be the answer.

Louis

#3 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2009 - 06:00 PM

I think rtl70.bpl is a Borland Delphi version 7.0 file. Microsoft does not use Borland products to make software (obviously). So it should not be a part of IE but some add-ons like toolbars that you may have installed.

You can always check in Event Viewer log to track down the offending application.
How to use Event Viewer : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308427

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,875 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2009 - 06:19 PM

Appreciated :thumbsup:...whew!!

Louis

#5 mkdenby

mkdenby
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2009 - 10:57 PM

I think I understand....Your buddy mentioned that this links to IE. I've never used anything other than firefox. Up until about 3 months ago, I allowed people to use my guest account with IE. I looked in on it one day to find a mess,along with 6 or 7 stupid tool bars. Anyway, the guest account is history. I think I've made things worse by not taking care of IE. I never installed IE 8. I see now that even thou I hate it and never use it,I still have to take care of it. This was a stupid mistake even for a newbie. I want to thank you guys very much for your help and for putting up with me. You would think that an old jet engine mech. from the Air Force would have some brains left. Thanks again guys...very much!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users