Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Runtime Error

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LindaIHN

LindaIHN

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 01 August 2009 - 03:37 PM

I hope I didn't post this in the wrong place. I looked at all the categories and couldn't find one for this. I am trying to access a web page for Dell Penny Puzzles and I keep getting the following message. I thought it was my computer so I tried to access it from my other computer and am getting the same message.
Linda

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>
Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge,
But he who hates correction is stupid.
Proverbs 12:1

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 InsanityOnABun

InsanityOnABun

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 AM

Posted 01 August 2009 - 03:58 PM

That message is saying that there is a page-breaking error with an application on the server that you're trying to access. Its not a problem with your computer.
As the veil of lunacy descends...

#3 LindaIHN

LindaIHN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 01 August 2009 - 04:32 PM

So it's a problem with their site? I hope whatever it is it gets fixed soon. Thank you very much.
Linda
Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge,
But he who hates correction is stupid.
Proverbs 12:1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users