Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Looking for a new laptop

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 notamondayfan

notamondayfan

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 01 August 2009 - 01:18 PM

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a new laptop. My budget is 500 max, what do you guys suggest?

It needs to do all the basic things well. High def isn't necessary. I would ideally like it to handle 3Ds Max as I intend to use it for 3D scenes, and photoshop too, so im thinking that it needs seperate graphics. 3gb ram too would also be handy.

Thanks, Dean

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stealthchicken75

stealthchicken75

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 09 August 2009 - 08:52 PM

I'd suggest a Dell Inspiron 15. You can configure it with an ATI RADEON HD4330 and an Intel Core2 Duo 2.0Ghz for around 550$ USD. Configuring it as such should allow you to do any basic task along with light gaming and Photoshopping. You don't be able to do either at tremendous speeds due to only spending 500$ on the rig, but it would be capable.

#3 Heafy

Heafy

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 18 August 2009 - 03:34 PM

For a laptop, that's a toughy. You might want to try to build your own computer if you want to pay only 300 pounds for 3gb of ram. Low-Grade desktops with like 2gb of ram and 222gb of hard drive space and decent graphics card can be about 400$ USA money. Other than that, I suggest going to Ebay to look for a steal, but watch what you buy my friend. :blink:
NOD32, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro, Spyware Blaster, Super Anti-Spyware. Windows Vista 2gb of RAM, 222 hard drive, Dell Inspirion 530.

#4 Vaerli

Vaerli

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:17 PM

Like this-

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16834152107

Its decent... I just got it and its pretty nice, but the keyboard is a bit cramped, and mines kinda noisy. It was open box.

Q6600, 4GB g-skill, 8800GT, P5N-D motherboard
Posted Image
My art

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users