Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bootable XP Pro DVD

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 npw171264

npw171264

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 AM

Posted 13 July 2005 - 12:45 PM

Can anyone help me to make a bootable xp Pro Disk for my own use. I have copied my XP Pro CD to a new folder on my backup hard disk, tried to make an iso using ultra ISO, however when i try to boot from DVD it doesnt work. I have used Nero Smartsweet to burn DVD.

Is there any files i may be missing

Thank you in Advance.

I have followed various tutorials, ie Easy Boot, ULtra ISO etcbut I cant get dvd to boot on startup.

Thank you in Advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thedon57

thedon57

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 AM

Posted 13 July 2005 - 12:54 PM

Hi if you go to the microsoft site you will find a download to make a bootable cd or floppy.

hope this helps you.
Now installed Microsoft Security Essencials on my Tower with Windows Home Premium 32bit and Toshiba Satellite Pro Laptop with Windows Home Premium 64bit

#3 TEB

TEB

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2005 - 04:50 PM

Microsoft's Guide To Making A Bootable Windows Cd

Edited by Techsomething, 13 July 2005 - 04:50 PM.

#4 phatcat42141

phatcat42141

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2005 - 09:13 PM

Can anyone help me to make a bootable xp Pro Disk for my own use. I have copied my XP Pro CD to a new folder on my backup hard disk, tried to make an iso using ultra ISO, however when i try to boot from DVD it doesnt work. I have used Nero Smartsweet to burn DVD.

Is there any files i may be missing

Thank you in Advance.

I have followed various tutorials, ie Easy Boot, ULtra ISO etcbut I cant get dvd to boot on startup.

Thank you in Advance.

You can use this program to make your own bootable XP os with what you want in it and none of the bleep that M$ stuffs it full of-- Its called "nLite" and is free here --

http://www.nliteos.com/

#5 TEB

TEB

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2005 - 12:39 AM

Id rather go with the microsoft advice....although theyre customer service isnt the best theyre online troubleshooting is teh l337nezz

#6 phatcat42141

phatcat42141

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2005 - 02:08 AM

Id rather go with the microsoft advice....although theyre customer service isnt the best theyre online troubleshooting is teh l337nezz

Ok but let me ask you this "Does your microsft how to tell you how to remove the garbage that they put in?" The nLite program can slipstream you a better version of XP and leave out the 45 day activation bleep while making it a "walk away install". With nLite you don't have to sit at the computer waiting on it to ask you to choose this or choose that like the microsoft one does. I say try it its free and you will be really suprised at all the things you can remove and add to it. I Slipstreamed XP Pro with all the Hotfixes and Sp2 updates with My newest drivers and spyware programs on a disk and it is only 350mb and it works perfect!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users