Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ActiveX Problem, I think

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 opchiasm

opchiasm

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 PM

Posted 01 August 2009 - 08:05 AM

A few weeks ago, I managed to clean my computer of a Google Redirect problem, thanks to outstanding help on this board. As a result of, I believe, attempts I had made on my own prior to coming here, I have a residual problem. In Internet Explorer 8, I am not getting the yellow bar at the top of the window that asks for permission to run an ActiveX control. I therefore don't have access to some sites. I'm not sure if this is related directly to ActiveX, to Java, or what. I believe I deleted some registry values when I was trying to fix my redirect problem.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 aommaster

aommaster

I !<3 malware

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 AM

Posted 01 August 2009 - 09:46 AM

Hi!

I believe it could be your internet security settings that are causing you the trouble.
Click Tools > Internet Options
Then click the security tab
In the zone options box, click internet
Check the security level of this zone. I have mine set to medium-high, where unsigned ActiveX controls aren't downloaded, and signed ones are prompted to be installed.

Please be careful when changing such settings. Unsigned ActiveX controls could damage your computer (and may get you re-infected, too :thumbsup:)

My website: http://aommaster.com
unite_blue.png
Please do not send me PM's requesting for help. The forums are there for a reason : )
If I am helping you and do not respond to your thread for 48 hours, please send me a PM

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,536 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 PM

Posted 01 August 2009 - 09:51 AM

Did you check your IE settings?

From IE: Tools/Internet Options/Security tab. What does it say is your security level?

Louis

#4 opchiasm

opchiasm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 PM

Posted 01 August 2009 - 07:09 PM

Thanks !!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users