Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Do I have something nasty?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Supermart57

Supermart57

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 PM

Posted 01 August 2009 - 07:11 AM

I thought it would be nice to have a Mac theme on my Vista Home Premium screen. I made the mistake of installing a theme called Vista OSX 09. I realised my machine was running more slowly so tried to revert to one of the Microsoft themes but with limited success, I now have a combination of Windows and Apple icons and I am still doubtful about the performance. There does not seem to be a method of uninstalling the Theme.

I thought I would do a Sytem Restore to a date before the OSX 09 theme was installed but I found all my Restore Points had been deleted, which made me more suspicious and a HiJack This log showed at least one strange entry so I followed your instructions to use DDS and attach a log for your asssessment.

Thank you for your help

Attached Files

I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Supermart57

Supermart57
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2009 - 07:58 AM

I have managed to correct this problem by running the System File Checker tool descibed in Microsoft KB 936212 using Administrator rights.

It compared the system files with the reference configuration and replaced any that did not match, in the process removing the files which had been modified by the Vista OSX 09 program.

All back to normal now thank goodness. :thumbup2:
I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers

#3 teacup61

teacup61

Bleepin' Texan!

• Malware Response Team
  • 17,075 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2009 - 01:30 PM

Thanks for letting us know. :thumbup2:

Since this issue appears resolved ... this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending the moderating team a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
Please make a donation so I can keep helping people just like you.
Every little bit helps! :)
You can even use your credit card! Thank you!

Posted Image

Error reading poptart in Drive A: Delete kids y/n?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users