Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP Sp3, Reboot = Reset problem =_=;;

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JKai

JKai

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 PM

Posted 01 August 2009 - 01:38 AM

Hello, I have windows XP Sp3. I use Spyware Doctor /w Anti-Virus. I have came across a bunch of 'Low Threat' and 'Medium Threat' files when I scanned today. I did the usual, which is just click on Fix Checked. Now I have a huge problem. Every time I reboot my computer the Window gets reset as if this is my very first time running it. The icons on both desktop and system tray, and the start menu display gets reset. I also get the Windows XP tour pop up =_=;;;. This problem started to happen AFTER I scanned and deleted all the infected files...

Can someone help me with this problem????

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Computer Pro

Computer Pro

• Members
  • 2,448 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 01 August 2009 - 10:47 AM

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Please subscribe to your topic so that you will be notified as soon as I post a reply, instead of you having to check the topic all of the time. This will allow you to get an email notification when I reply.

To subscribe, go to your topic, and at the top right hand corner by your first post, click the Options button and then click Track this topic. The bullet the immediate notification bubble. Then press submit.

Is there a way that you could restore the files that you deleted using a restore feature in Spyware Doctor?
Computer Pro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users