Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screensaver Closes Open Programs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 vDrumsRoland

vDrumsRoland

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 PM

Posted 31 July 2009 - 11:53 PM

Ok...

I've searched everywhere on this issue and can't seem to find anything other than XP Pro having the option for security like at a place of business.

XP Home, any screensaver whether aftermarket versions or OEM versions. Once the screensaver activates whether by preview or time limit, whatever program is on top or active will close as if pressing the "X".

This doesn't happen when the monitor is turned off by using the power options function.

No viruses/malware that I am aware of.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 vDrumsRoland

vDrumsRoland
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2009 - 10:32 AM

Just curious... am I the only one with this problem? Could this possibly be the reason I canít find anything when I search?

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 PM

Posted 03 August 2009 - 11:51 AM

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=s...mp;oq=&aqi=

Louis

#4 vDrumsRoland

vDrumsRoland
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2009 - 12:30 PM

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=s...mp;oq=&aqi=

Thanks Louis but I've already gone that route with Google. All that these refer to is sometimes a Logitec Wireless Mouse OR XP Pro that has the security feature installed that when a user walks away from their computer and the screensaver starts, it will close the last active program or window when the screensaver is deactivated. This keeps non-users from seeing what was last active and from completely logging off.

My issue is none of the above. Wired usb mouse and keyboard. XP Home version not Pro. And this issue just started happening without installing any programs. I've also done a complete virus/malware/spyware scan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users