Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer won't stay in sleep mode

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 whatdoesthisbuttondo

whatdoesthisbuttondo

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 AM

Posted 31 July 2009 - 10:21 PM

This problem happened to me shortly after I got my computer, but I was able to fix it by disabling my network connector from waking the computer up, so only the mouse and keyboard would do it...but it's starting again! I've checked, and the settings are still the same as far as power management is concerned; I have no viruses or malware, so what could make it start back up only a few minutes after I set it on Standby?

Computer is an HP Pavilion a6803w running Windows Vista Home Premium SP1.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KonamiYoto

KonamiYoto

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2009 - 10:45 PM

Hello,

HP still does not have full driver support for their Vista Supported laptop line, thus the reason for this bug. It's nothing to worry about, though.

~Zane

#3 whatdoesthisbuttondo

whatdoesthisbuttondo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2009 - 12:23 AM

I forgot to mention that it's a desktop. :huh:

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 AM

Posted 01 August 2009 - 10:01 AM

Make sure all of the "Wake - On" options are disabled in the BIOS
A corrupt video driver can also cause this
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2009 - 10:20 AM

If you are running an optical or laser mouse I have seen this happen. The least vibration of the surface it rests on may wake-up the PC as well.

If you are running an optical or laser mouse I have seen this happen. The least vibration of the surface it rests on may wake-up the PC as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users