Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC Tools Internet Suite

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Shadowdance

Shadowdance

• Members
  • 314 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 31 July 2009 - 07:05 PM

I am thinking to buy Internet Suite by PC-Tools, I use their free firewall for long time and I would like to know if its a good choice or not :thumbsup:

WIN 7 ULTIMATE EN, AMD Dual-Core A4-6320, 3.8GHz (Turbo 4GHz), MB: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. A55BM-E Rev X.0x, DDR3 SIN 1333 4GB, AMD Radeon HD 8370D, Realtek High Definition Audio,

Seagate ST500DM002-1BD142 500GB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Someones

Someones

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 PM

Posted 01 August 2009 - 02:05 AM

From what I've heard their suite is really bloated, not to mention their detection rate is untested.

You can get a very high level of protection if you simply use common sense (e.g. don't click on random links/programs), OpenDNS, a non-IE browser (Firefox with WOT) and a free AV (AntiVir/Avast). Unless you are a high risk user in which case you should also add a behavioural blocker or a user-friendly HIPS.

#3 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 PM

Posted 01 August 2009 - 05:58 AM

If you want to spend money, why not spend on industry leaders like E-Set or Kaspersky?

#4 Shadowdance

Shadowdance
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 314 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2009 - 03:36 PM

From what I've heard their suite is really bloated, not to mention their detection rate is untested.

You can get a very high level of protection if you simply use common sense (e.g. don't click on random links/programs), OpenDNS, a non-IE browser (Firefox with WOT) and a free AV (AntiVir/Avast). Unless you are a high risk user in which case you should also add a behavioural blocker or a user-friendly HIPS.

Yes I am really high risked and I need a tool to detect what path am on mostly, and secondly to delete software and other malicious things...

If you want to spend money, why not spend on industry leaders like E-Set or Kaspersky?

Because I want to have 100% of program control, I ve tried with McAffee once and I couldnt have that control...

WIN 7 ULTIMATE EN, AMD Dual-Core A4-6320, 3.8GHz (Turbo 4GHz), MB: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. A55BM-E Rev X.0x, DDR3 SIN 1333 4GB, AMD Radeon HD 8370D, Realtek High Definition Audio,

#5 RedDawn

RedDawn

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 01 August 2009 - 06:36 PM

Yes I am really high risked and I need a tool to detect what path am on mostly, and secondly to delete software and other malicious things...

Nothing is going to protect you from yourself. I would maybe start looking at software such as Returnil or ShadowDefender.

#6 Shadowdance

Shadowdance
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 314 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2009 - 07:28 AM

I just checked shadowdefender site, the description is very convincing!

I will try it, I think this is what I want!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users