Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Visual C++ problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 vonb

vonb

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 31 July 2009 - 06:36 PM

This is something that has been bugging me for a while

I am using Vista Premium 32bit on a Pentium quad core 2.4Ghz
Microsoft assures me that Visual C++ is part of Vista and that I shoulsd have it
My programs list (in the control panel Programs and Features) doesn't show Visual C++

Looked this up and downloaded a Visual C++ update from Microsoft which should correct the problem… however said update
Vcredist_x86 doesn’t want to install.

On install it brings an error:
Error1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly.
‘Microsoft.VC80.ATL,type=”win32”,version=”8.0.50727.762”publicKeyToken=:”1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b”,processorArchitecture=”x86”

Then the install rolls back. I have tried different update packages, but all have the same bug at some point, and Googling the error didn’t give me much result I can use so far.

My guess is that Microsoft Visual C++ was on my PC at some point, and then was corrupted or partially removed, but left some trace behind that prevents a re-install... if that makes any sense.
Anyone got an idea of what to try next?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 exile360

exile360

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 PM

Posted 01 August 2009 - 04:40 AM

Greetings :huh: .

Generally there's no need to actually install an VC runtimes seperately as they come bundled with programs that require them and those programs' installers will include them and install them for you. There are components (such as the runtime files) that are installed as part of the OS, but they won't show up in Programs and Features because they can't be removed.

The latest redistributable for VC 2005 can be found here and the latest for VC 2008 can be found here.

As I said though, if you do need them an application will install them on its own.

Edited by exile360, 01 August 2009 - 04:41 AM.

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 PM

Posted 01 August 2009 - 10:18 AM

You also might try the updated version of this:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users