Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't find temp internet file folder - foolish!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jazzymazzy

jazzymazzy

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 PM

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:30 PM

Hello Folks,

Feel somewhat foolish, however here goes. I'm an intermediate user. Just installed 0&0 Safe erase 3 tool from Sept 09 issue of PC Pro. I merely wish to securely delete my temporary internet file folder. Problem is, i can't get to folder if i search in search box, (in vista) however i can see the folder via tools/internet options/settings/view files in the folder list, but am afraid to move it just in case i mess up the place where the files go, in the normal running of Windows.All i want to do is put the folder in the 'add folder' box of safe erase 3 and delete the files manually, but cannot get to it. Hoping this makes some kind of sense, and some kind person can advise me how to complete this simple task.

Cheers,

Jazzymazzy

Laptop: Aspire 8930G, Nvidia GeForce 9600m 4GB DDR3 320GB HDD Intel core 2 Duo T5800 Vista Home premium

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jazzymazzy

jazzymazzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2009 - 06:45 AM

Hello,

I find it hard to believe, that of 36 people who have viewed my post to date, that no one has a suggestion for a reply. Can anyone explain this? I don't think the solution is difficult, i'm simply stuck. That's all. Maybe this is why i don't use forums like this. I'm sure there was a time when administrators offered advice. Probably with overwhelming demand, solutions canot be guaranteed. I'll wait a while longer, and then withdraw my membership. Sadly...

Jazzymazzy.

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,531 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 PM

Posted 06 August 2009 - 06:58 PM

First of all let me say that merely a view of your post does not mean the person or bot viewing has an idea of how to help you. It only means they read your post, and yes various bots crawl the forums, several times a day. I for one being an administrator as you selectively point out have never heard of the application you describe. Additionally I do not use Vista. Therefore add me to the list of people who have 'viewed your post.

However since I do not have an answer that incorporates your OS and or application. I do have an alternative, suggestion if it is only temp internet files you wish to remove. Take a look at http://www.atribune.org/index.php?option=c...5&Itemid=25 Pleas be cognizant of the special note for Vista users at the bottom regarding run as administrator. This tool is widely and well regarded in malware community.

Hope you find this of value.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 jazzymazzy

jazzymazzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2009 - 03:35 PM

Thanks for the reply. Point taken. There was a time, some 10 years ago when posts were replied to a lot quicker. I suppose with the massive increase in volume, that things will take longer to be replied to.

Cheers,

Jazzymazzy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users