Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Reformatting led to even more problems :/

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Gr33n-Lantern

Gr33n-Lantern

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 PM

Posted 31 July 2009 - 04:35 PM

Ok, so I had a couple viruses on my laptop (Toshiba Satellite A105-S4094) and ended up reformatting it. I don't have the original CD that came w/ the laptop but I thought I would be OK without it as I can get drivers from manufacturer websites.

So i reformat and put windows xp professional sp3 on it and first thing i noticed was the wireless icon in the taskbar didnt show up. Ended up going on a different computer and finding about 3 drivers for my laptop and downloaded one which ended up allowing me to connect wirelessly to my router but it doesnt seem to be working right because i lose connection after a couple mins( or I think when i stop using the internet for a little while). Tried downloading another driver and nothing changed, but I'm not sure if I removed the first driver completely and would appreciate any help yall can give me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 PM

Posted 31 July 2009 - 06:47 PM

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su...ily=1073768663#

Refine your search by selecting XP operating system and Wi-Fi
It will give you 4 choices

Edited by garmanma, 31 July 2009 - 06:51 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users