Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HELP PLEASE - VIDEO PROBLEM

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 omfgwtfbbq

omfgwtfbbq

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 13 July 2005 - 10:27 AM

Hi,

i've noticed recently that i cant watch any video's without the color and graphics being distorted, everything is all distorted and the colors are all bright greens yellows and whites.

I use WinAMP and Windows Media Player and both of them cant play any video normally now.. i know its not the video's im watching cause i even tried a new one other day on both players and still the same problem.

I dont think its a problem with my Graphics Card because it's working fine on Games and Applications etc its just watching video's i have a problem with..

Any Help would be Greatly Appreciated.

-------- Im editing this post now cause i found disabling graphic acceleration in Display > Settings > Advanced down to the middle one has fixed the problem, but the graphics are slightly blocky and although all the color is fixed now, you can see how its all blocky. and having the acceleration down means i cant play any of my Games, so i have to change every time i want to play a game or watch a video.

Any other way to fix beside bringing down acceleration?

Edited by omfgwtfbbq, 13 July 2005 - 10:29 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Racoonslayer

Racoonslayer

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 15 July 2005 - 05:40 PM

Hey, I had the same problem for awhile. If you have a Nvidia card then goto display>settings> then click advanced then I went to color correction and messed with some of the adjustments then clicked restore defaults- then if that doesn't work try looking in what ever software that you have for your video card for color.. ect

#3 MartyGeek

MartyGeek

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 16 July 2005 - 11:40 PM

Hi,

Sounds like a decoder fault to me.

Have you installed any new Codecs recently? What video card and driver revision for this card are you running?

If I were you, I would be re-installing my Video Codecs, or updating them to later versions, and same with the video card. If this didn't work, I would probably rip out the current Codec set, and re-install.

If you want the latest Codecs, check out www.free-codecs.com.

M :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users