Please do a physical search (Windows Search from the Start Menu) to see if Rundll32.exe
is actually present or not. Just because he is getting an error that it is missing doesn't always mean its missing.
Also,Right-click on the mbam-setup.exe
file and change the .exe
extension to .bat, .com, .pif, or .scr and then double-click on it to run.
Please download sreng2.zip
and save it to your Desktop.
- Create a new folder on your hard drive called Sreng2 (C:\Sreng2) and extract (unzip) the file there. (click here if you're not sure how to do this. Vista users refer to this link.)
- Open the folder and double-click on SREngLdr.EXE to launch it.
- Select System Repair from the left pane.
- Click on File Association.
- Select all entries that have an 'Error status' and click Repair.
- Exit SREng and reboot the computer.
If that does not work, please see:
Note: Some of these steps involve making changes in the registry. Always back up your registry before making any changes
. If you are not familiar with working in the registry, then you should NOT attempt to make any changes on your own. ERUNT
is an excellent free tool that allows you to to take a snapshot (backup) of your registry before making changes and restore it when needed.
Edited by boopme, 31 July 2009 - 03:43 PM.