Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I have a virus, ive tried everything. Please help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rooney10

rooney10

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 31 July 2009 - 08:39 AM

Hi, my inexperienced dad was using the computer and im not sure what he did but i have now have a virus/trojan on my pc (not sure which one).
I have kaspersky internet security and malwarebytes however malwarebytes is not opening and kaspersky is taking over 6 hours to complete a scan and is coming back with nothing however im sure i have a virus/trojan.

Other things that have happened to my pc are it just freezes after about 15 minutes use. google is redirecting my searches to fake search websites and my screen size is sometimes massive when i turn the pc on.

Ive tried everything, i did a full Kaspersky scan on safe mode, nothing came up.
I tried opening malwarebytes however it wouldnt open, so i removed it and tried downloading it again, still wont open.
I tried downloading super anti spyware, but it also did not open.
Iv also tried doing a system restore however its not working and doesnt respond when i click next.

Please help as i am really worried about this trojan/virus and do not know what to do :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:26 AM

Please disable KIS for a rootkit scan

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/114351/how-to-temporarily-disable-your-anti-virus-firewall-and-anti-malware-programs/

Let's look for rootkits

Do not run any version you downloaded earlier

http://rootrepeal.googlepages.com/

http://rootrepeal.googlepages.com/RootRepeal.zip

Just use the file tab at the bottom, scan and paste the report into a reply here please

Posted Image
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#3 rooney10

rooney10
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:44 AM

Thanks for the reply, im at work right now but i will do it asap when i get home. (in about an hour or so)

Edited by rooney10, 31 July 2009 - 09:44 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users