Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Kanye West Proclaims Himself "The New King of Pop"

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 KonamiYoto

KonamiYoto

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 30 July 2009 - 11:09 PM

Los Angeles, CA – With tributes continuing to pour in for Michael Jackson questions about his life, his death, and his legacy also continue to mount. It is unlikely that the first two topics will ever be covered to full satisfaction but the latter is a different story entirely. Though Jackson hadn’t produced much music in the last fifteen years, and his most influential for more than twenty, his influence and standing in the musical and cultural world are unmatched. With his death now sinking in as a reality fans and the music industry are looking for a successor to his throne, and one man feels he has found it.

Since he first burst onto the scene in 2004 Kanye West has been one of the most influential and best-selling music artists in the world. With such smashes as ‘Jesus Walks’, ‘Gold Digger’, and ‘Flashing Lights’, West’s impact on the music scene has been enormous. Though hugely popular, few would compare his success to the success Michael Jackson enjoyed in his early days. Amongst those few is West himself who has declared himself the successor to Jackson’s legacy and the new ‘King of Pop’.

Source.

Really. Kanye can't sing worth his life, he does rap not Pop, and most of his songs are remixes. No one can ever replace Michael Jackson. No one can ever be as amazing as Michael Jackson. >_>

EDIT: Shortened the quote to conform to fair use guidelines and fixed source URL. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 31 July 2009 - 04:05 AM

:thumbsup:

Let's get it into perspective about "King of Pops?"

There has only been two, both unique.

Elvis Presley and Michael Jackson.

Both started off as totally different, but tragically ended up similar.

New one coming up will need to be Different again.

:flowers: :trumpet:

#3 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,701 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2009 - 04:07 AM

:thumbsup:

Let's get it into perspective about "King of Pops?"

There has only been two, both unique.

Elvis Presley and Michael Jackson.

Both started off as totally different, but tragically ended up similar.

New one coming up will need to be Different again.

:flowers: :trumpet:

Just being nitpicky, but I think Elvis Presley was the "King of Rock and Roll." A related, but somewhat different genre.

I agree with you though Abacus 7. If Kanye West wants to be "King", he'll have to set himself apart from all the others in some new way. Michael Jackson will always be the "King of Pop"

Edited by Blade Zephon, 31 July 2009 - 04:09 AM.

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#4 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 31 July 2009 - 07:15 AM

I haven't ever heard of Kayne West.. I suppose I shall have to google.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#5 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 AM

Posted 01 August 2009 - 04:38 PM

me either, but seeing as I really didnt like anything that michael jackson did, I really dont care who holds the title. Sides, havent u all heard, Elvis is still alive. My point here is this, time will tell, if Jackson is as popular as everyone seems to think so we will still be having jackson sitings 50 years after his death.

Edited by the_patriot09, 01 August 2009 - 04:39 PM.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#6 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 PM

Posted 07 August 2009 - 08:32 AM

Though Jackson hadn’t produced much music in the last fifteen years,

he made a massive load of music
and allmost all of it was good music

this kanye west guy must not be very good as i only seen him once on tv(ad) and this post

Edited by starcraftmaster, 07 August 2009 - 08:32 AM.

#7 7heRollzRoyce

7heRollzRoyce

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 PM

Posted 07 August 2009 - 06:29 PM

lol I'm a Kanye fan but that quote is a little too much. He only has 4 albums out and although he's won grammy's and pioneered in the music field (As much as I resented his All-autotune Heartbreak 808's album it was good and unique) he doesn't even come close to Michael success right now. I'm curious what MJ's sales would have been like in the p2p era.

...and Death Note was awesome.

Edited by 7heRollzRoyce, 07 August 2009 - 06:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users