Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows won't start up

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Hakrim

Hakrim

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 PM

Posted 30 July 2009 - 05:51 PM

Turning on my laptop I get sent to a black screen with white text with some type of long error message and it asks me if I want to start windows from the last known good configuration or just start it normally. I've seen this screen before and doing the last known good configuration always has worked. But now, choosing either options, windows will attempt to start up, and then it flashes some kind of error and returns back to the black screen with white text.

What can I do to fix this? It gives the option of booting in safe mode but I don't know what to do from there.

Some help or advice would greatly be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,839 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 PM

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:07 PM

Boot into safe mode...then Disable Auto Reboot On System Crash - http://www.theeldergeek.com/auto_reboot_on_system_crash.htm , using the 2d method suggested (don't try to edit the registry).

That should then enable you to read any error messages that appear quickly now.

Those messages are trying to tell you in what direction you should head...to overcome whatever is wrong. Once you get another, you need to post the content here.

Louis

#3 Hakrim

Hakrim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 PM

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:49 PM

Trying to boot in safe mode. But all that does is cause it to list a bunch of junk text, then attempt to load windows and then it ends up right back on the same screen. There are three options, safe mode, safe mode with networking and safe mode with command prompt. So far I'm unable to do what that link recommended.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,839 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 PM

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:43 PM

Try each of the safe mode options listed, one of them may work.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users