Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I cannot login as Administrator!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 onlyuser

onlyuser

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 PM

Posted 30 July 2009 - 05:46 PM

I am trying to delete another Administrator account which I did not create, but I cannot login as Administrator because it is password protected.

I need to terminate and delete REMOTE ACCESS/REMOTE DESKTOP devices, drivers and configurations from my computer. An account named "Owner" was created and because it is password-protected, I was not able to do anything with it. So I created another user account which I named as Administrator. Then I tried to delete "Owner" from my system. It got deleted, but the next morning it appeared again. I found a ton of unfamiliar devices and drivers associated with Remote Desktop which I have never seen before. And when I uninstalled them, it would reappear within minutes, as if I hadn't touched the file. On Windows startup, there are 2 boxes: 1 with "Owner" as the login name, and the password line is blank. (2) A second box with "The system could not log you on. Make sure your User name and domain are correct, then type your password again."

Note- Owner appears in Belarc Advisor's "System accounts" and my login name "Extra" appears in the "User Accounts list".

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME ???? I already did a full system Rescue and Recovery because of issues. My computer stayed clean only overnight. The next day I found all types of Spyware, Bluetooth devices, and Remote Desktop references in my hard drive.

I need to get to the source of my problem. My changes are not saved because I am not the true Administrator. I need to eliminate the "Owner" account because it may be that changes are made to my computer via Remote Access.

What I don't understand is that how Remote Access was established when I did a full system Rescue and Recovery. Could someone have accessed my uninfected computer via Bluetooth first? Before it got this bad, Bluetooth kept on appearing, and bluetooth/modem device was found whenever I would turn my computer on. But I do not have anything visibly connected.

My computer was fine until just recently. I had disabled Bluetooth and Remote Assistance months prior and never had issues where these devices kept popping up.

I don't have anything personal in my computer now. I saved everything to a portable HD. CAN SOMEBODY OUT THERE PLEASE HELP ME????? I am going around in circles and not getting anywhere.

I would really appreciate any kind of input.

thanks again!!!

THANKS!!!

What do I do???

Edited by onlyuser, 30 July 2009 - 06:01 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:10:21 PM

Posted 30 July 2009 - 05:59 PM

Please read my reply here regarding your open HJT log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/245575/remote-access-hacking/

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 PM

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:02 PM

Please see my response in the topic Queen-Evie referenced in the previous post. This topic is now closed.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users