Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 98 - lsass.exe help!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mtkb_2001

mtkb_2001

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 PM

Posted 13 July 2005 - 07:14 AM

Ok, I recently downloaded a supposabley email hacker thing. I didn't trust it so I deleted it. Then i started having a prob with firewall, telling me lsass.exe in the font section was trying to access the net, it had the same icon as the email hacking program. I thought it was a virus and deleted it. Now, my whole pc is screwed up. I cant open any applications except explorer. It says I need heaps of .dll files. I keep adding them off the net , but then they say the have export errors and links to wrong stuff. I cant even open the installer for my Windows 98 Cd! Please help........what do I do! :thumbsup: :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thedon57

thedon57

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 AM

Posted 13 July 2005 - 08:40 AM

Hi if you want to do a complete reinstall this might work it has with me insert windows in cd. shut down. restart computer, if it starts ok it should find the windows disk and start installing files from it let it do a format and then a complete install dont forget your systems disk the one that came with your mother board because you will need yhat afterwards to finish of before you do your antivirus etc.

Hope this works for you
Now installed Microsoft Security Essencials on my Tower with Windows Home Premium 32bit and Toshiba Satellite Pro Laptop with Windows Home Premium 64bit

#3 just_a_nobody

just_a_nobody

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 PM

Posted 13 July 2005 - 02:07 PM

You can download a trial version of Ewido here: : http://www.ewido.net/en/

Be sure you update it before using it, and when it finds a problem, be sure to select the check box to do the same action (clean) when it finds a problem, otherwise, you will have to click continue, to keep scanning with every problem it finds.

I hope this helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users