Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ie8?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 polarpimp

polarpimp

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 30 July 2009 - 11:42 AM

wat is the safest configurations for ie8

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KonamiYoto

KonamiYoto

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 30 July 2009 - 11:56 AM

Hello,

I think you can find your answer here.

~Zane

#3 nodnarB7891

nodnarB7891

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2009 - 12:55 AM

If you're prepared to witness that which the mere mortal mind can not possibly handle, and be bathed in a light of righteous justice, allowing you to perform acts previously though impossible at a mere whim, then this is the absolute safest config for Internet Explorer 8:

Witness it, and be enlightened

#4 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2009 - 01:44 AM

If you're prepared to witness that which the mere mortal mind can not possibly handle, and be bathed in a light of righteous justice, allowing you to perform acts previously though impossible at a mere whim, then this is the absolute safest config for Internet Explorer 8:

:thumbsup: Hear hear! :flowers:

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#5 polarpimp

polarpimp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:03 AM

ie8 is better is safer than firefox
look at this vid

#6 nodnarB7891

nodnarB7891

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2009 - 04:29 PM

Not by a longshot. Internet Explorer is still incredibly insecure, but IE8 has made great strides in that department. Firefox and Opera are far more secure than Internet Explorer will ever be, simply because they are not integrated into the OS, and don't run insecure software, such as ActiveX controls and the like. Just because IE8 has a better phishing filter doesn't mean squat, when the entire browser is one big security hole.

#7 KonamiYoto

KonamiYoto

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2009 - 04:44 PM

Not by a longshot. Internet Explorer is still incredibly insecure, but IE8 has made great strides in that department. Firefox and Opera are far more secure than Internet Explorer will ever be, simply because they are not integrated into the OS, and don't run insecure software, such as ActiveX controls and the like. Just because IE8 has a better phishing filter doesn't mean squat, when the entire browser is one big security hole.

Exactly. I don't know how someone in their right mind could ever think IE is better than Firefox. It's just absurd.

#8 polarpimp

polarpimp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2009 - 06:12 PM

wat does that mean integrated into the OS mean? i think ie8 is better

#9 KonamiYoto

KonamiYoto

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2009 - 06:30 PM

wat does that mean integrated into the OS mean? i think ie8 is better

Single system which contains more or less enough tools to complete a whole area of operation. In many cases this has only become possible through digital technology and, in turn, it can make it very cost effective. One of an increasing number of examples is Quantel's Editbox which includes most tools required for editing with all operations co-ordinated in one control system.

IE8 isn't even compatible with 98.9% of the web. Security is no where near as good as Firefox's. IE has insecure software like "ActiveX".

Give us a few reasons why IE is better.

Edited by KonamiYoto, 31 July 2009 - 06:30 PM.

#10 polarpimp

polarpimp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2009 - 07:10 PM

hav u heard bout the smartscreen filter, and ie8 highlights the name of the website to tell u if its a fake.

#11 KonamiYoto

KonamiYoto

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2009 - 07:22 PM

hav u heard bout the smartscreen filter, and ie8 highlights the name of the website to tell u if its a fake.

Is that all you know? =/

#12 RedDawn

RedDawn

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 31 July 2009 - 07:42 PM

http://forum.thewindowsclub.com/microsoft-...html#post130379
http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/ie8_security.asp

FWIW, I mainly use Firefox myself, but this choice is not based on whether I think Firefox is any more secure than any other browser. My personal opinion is that on Vista/ Windows 7, IE7/8 is more secure than Firefox, one such reason being IE's protected mode.

#13 nodnarB7891

nodnarB7891

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:44 PM

And once you disable UAC, any, and all protection offered by protected mode is gone. At least with Firefox, you don't have to worry about drive-by downloads, considering it does not allow anything to install by itself.

#14 RedDawn

RedDawn

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 01 August 2009 - 08:02 AM

Why on earth would anybody want to disable UAC?

It's one of the main security features in Vista and Windows 7.

#15 nodnarB7891

nodnarB7891

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2009 - 10:15 AM

Enough people as to warrant countless guides on disabling UAC. I don't see why they would want to either, but people do some pretty stupid things in the name of familiarity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users