Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win98 display settings

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PCIlliterateGal

PCIlliterateGal

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 PM

Posted 13 July 2005 - 05:57 AM

When I turned on my computer this morning, the Windows98 introduction screen was a pink and yellowish color and the screen seemed to be stuck. So I restarted and this time I got an option screen with the Normal, Safe Mode etc options. I chose normal and after I logged on, I got an error message that said, 'There is a problem with your display settings. The adapter type is incorrect, or the current settings do not work with your hardware.' Not knowing which display settings to adjust, I clicked cancel. I've never had any problems booting up, my PC was working fine just a few hours ago, I didn't change any settings, and I am certain the PC was shut down properly. Everything seems to be working fine but I was wondering if there is some way I can find out what the problem is. Since it's only a display settings problem I assume it can't be too major.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 gawwise

gawwise

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2005 - 06:11 AM

need to know what type video?
is it built in or an edge card?

one thing you can try is check your connections first, then on an open screen
with no icons under the cursor right click,
then go to properties, try changing your settings for colors and resolution.
most run 16 bit color and 800 x 600 resolution then click apply and ok .
reboot see if that helps. if it does its a minor program glich.
one program trying to load at same time.
if it dont, might need some info to help. fixed two before, different problems.

#3 thedon57

thedon57

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 13 July 2005 - 09:32 AM

Hi when i had 98 i changed the colours in display setting, and use 256 colour if you can.
Now installed Microsoft Security Essencials on my Tower with Windows Home Premium 32bit and Toshiba Satellite Pro Laptop with Windows Home Premium 64bit

#4 PCIlliterateGal

PCIlliterateGal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2005 - 10:18 AM

Looks like it was just a minor glitch...I only got the error message once. Thanks ...I'll look up this thread if I have this problem again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users